Scratched Removel????????????

there is a polisher and special compound i seen used on lightly scratched double glazed units but it was as expensive as new glass ,

new glass might be easier/cheaper sean

halfords do a glass scratch removal compound i think
but as said if it is a proper scratch probably easier to replace glass

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=29550.msg342754#msg342754 date=1299966123]
halfords do a glass scratch removal compound i think
but as said if it is a proper scratch probably easier to replace glass
[/quote]

It would be just scratches from the window going up and down, It mite be just the tint but no sure till i take them off.
But more than likely its sand from the beach :whistle:

Cerium oxide powder from ebay and some felt polishing pads also from ebay. Less than €20 for more than you'll ever need.

Mix the cerium oxide with water so its quite runny, squirt onto the felt pad and use a rotary polisher at high speed. Don't be stingy with the cerium oxide/water mix either.

Works perfectly :thumbsup:

Like that with the polishing compound and felt pad. I know the type of scratches you are talking about because most scoobies seem to suffer with them, and keith's old type-r was quite bad but there not bad enough to require sanding first. Just the cerium oxide mix (compound) and the felt pad on a rotary polisher will cover you :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=29550.msg342774#msg342774 date=1299968696]
Like that with the polishing compound and felt pad. I know the type of scratches you are talking about because most scoobies seem to suffer with them, and keith's old type-r was quite bad but there not bad enough to require sanding first. Just the cerium oxide mix (compound) and the felt pad on a rotary polisher will cover you :thumbsup:
[/quote]

would an orbital polisher work too? my drivers side window is scratched to bits, i have one there thats rarely been used

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=29550.msg342791#msg342791 date=1299973709]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=29550.msg342774#msg342774 date=1299968696]
[/quote]

would an orbital polisher work too? my drivers side window is scratched to bits, i have one there thats rarely been used
[/quote]

I've seen it attempted but its not something i would ever consider. The vibration from the orbital could easily shatter the glass if you hit the wrong spot, put pressure in the wrong place or a number of other reasons. I could give you a lend of my rotary if required :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=29550.msg342796#msg342796 date=1299974430]
The vibration from the orbital could easily shatter the glass if you hit the wrong spot, put pressure in the wrong place or a number of other reasons. I could give you a lend of my rotary if required :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Lads lads, there's chat rooms for that sort of stuff. :multijump:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=29550.msg342797#msg342797 date=1299974558]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=29550.msg342796#msg342796 date=1299974430]
The vibration from the orbital could easily shatter the glass if you hit the wrong spot, put pressure in the wrong place or a number of other reasons. I could give you a lend of my rotary if required :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Lads lads, there's chat rooms for that sort of stuff. :multijump:
[/quote]

And its well you know this, Andy :smile:

Back