What tyres?

Lex Luthor

Sunday Drivers
will be coming up to replacing all 4 tyres in the next few months on the legacy and wanted to get peoples opinions on tyre choice?

Factory fit were Bridgestone Potenzas RE05A £101 each from camskill

Other tyres I'm familiar with are Falken FK452 (£67 ea from camskill) and Toyo T1-R's (about £80 ea from camskill)

I had the Toyo's on a car about 4yrs ago and got good use out of them...wear quickly though. Didnt get much time with the falkens on the last car as it was sold with them in very nearly new condition.

Neither car had awd so not sure how they would compare with the potenzas. I found the potenzas good but they are £33 more than the falkens and just wondering are they worth it. I'll be replacing all 4 at the one time so it will make a big difference to my pocket.

Any other recommendations or opinions on above?

well i'v always put bridgestones potenzas re050a on all the car's i'v had, great tyre in the wet and dry .mileage wise your talking 25-30k easy driving there about 120 a corner which is not cheap . for the first time in about 7 years a'v put falken's 912 on the car so far so good but only 1000 klm done so will wait and see .you wont go wrong with the 050a

ive had falkens fk452's on all my imprezas. i think they are a fantastic tyre. especially in the wet. would highly reccomend them. i actually ordered a set last week from camskill for my sti have them in the shed ready to go on. :thumbsup:

these are a great tyre :icon_pray:
had them last time and i will be buying them again
:thumbsup:
[quote author=scoobysti link=topic=29511.msg342431#msg342431 date=1299808182]
ive had falkens fk452's on all my imprezas. i think they are a fantastic tyre. especially in the wet. would highly reccomend them. i actually ordered a set last week from camskill for my sti have them in the shed ready to go on. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

check local places for prices as well...you might get a better deal from them these days than online+fitting etc...lots of them had a serious "cope on" moment and reduced their profit margins...

Make sure to try 1 of our traders - The TyreMan Dunboyne

His slogan is "cheaper than camskill or eiretyres" so is definitely worthy of a phonecall :thumbsup:

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=29511.msg342454#msg342454 date=1299836657]
Make sure to try 1 of our traders - The TyreMan Dunboyne

His slogan is "cheaper than camskill or eiretyres" so is definitely worthy of a phonecall :thumbsup:
[/quote]
thanks for the tip...I'm not working too far from dunboyne some days

Ive yoko parada spec 2s..Great in the dry but not so much in the wet..In fact they are sh*t in the wet.

I use Goodyear F1 Asymetricals. I find then perfect in the dry and excellent in the wet. The only thing I find with them compared to the Bridgestones is that they are a little noiser :smile:

Steve.

Back