Phase 1.5 v Phase 2.0 Inlet Manifold.

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Firstly... Anyone know if a Phase 1.5 (V3-4) Inlet manifold is the same width as a Phase 2.0 (V5-6).

I know the stud spacing that mount them to the heads are in a straight line on a Phase 1.5 and are staggered on a Phase 2.0... but I heard somewhere that the ports on the cylinder heads of a Phase 2.0 are further apart.. :ponder2: due to a revised cylinder head design.

Secondly... would anyone have a spare Phase 1.5 (1996-1998 V3 & V4) Inlet manifold with injector rails and throttle body that they want to part with...? Or possibly swap with my V6 one...?

I think its just the stud patterns Jaime, IcV is different aswell, Ive a New age Sti inlet on tumbler delets that are ment to be a straight forward to rotate, and bolt direct on to v5/6,

Hey Ken,

I'm keen to go for the Phase 1 or 1.5, as they have better clearance over the turbo intake pipe when it's rotated around 180 degree than a New Age one.... as I want to keep the standard turbo set-up and not have to worry bout spun turbo kits.

Cheers though, :thumbsup:

J.

You dont need to go rotated turbo Jaime, ive used v5 inlet spun 360 with standard position turbo, just used the thermal spacer things. The v1.5 is only handy if you weld up the old opening with a plate and open the front of it and weld T/B mount to it... but whats the story with the icv wiring??

Are you sure there is enough clearance with a Phase 2 (V5/6) manifold if spun 180 degrees Ken...? Surely the lower side won't clear the turbo intake pipe even with spacers...? If it does... then great, as it'll save a load of trouble as having to make stud adaptor plates would be a pain in the ass!

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=29491.msg342512#msg342512 date=1299859241]
Bump!

Anyone got a complete Phase 1.0 (MY93-95) Inlet manifold inc. throttle body, fuel rails etc...? :pray:

have one there

[/quote]

Yea Jaime, .. i have run this set up, and also using the 76mm inlet turbo, i never tried it withouth the thermal spacers..
You will need to get an adapter wedge made up welded to manifold to angle down the the T/B.
There was one on Scoobynet a while back that had the centre of mani cut out, turned and welded and it was a tidy looking job.

Alot ive seen that go for the older manifolds, they always blank the old opening and open up the front of the mani, keeping the icv thing where it always was, and keeping all the mounting points for brackets etc etc the same place, when you rotate the complete manifold naturally you may make up brackets etc as things will be opposite sides.

On another note, i know its probably 99% cosmetic with you, but as for performance or any other kind of gain, well there isnt any that warrants the hassle and hardship tbh, most will tell you that, you are also going to need to get custom pipe work made up to reach the T/b, you may also come up with away of flipping the Alternator, and making up a tensioner for the belt. And will have no A/C if that makes any odds to you.
Carl Davey does an alternator flipping bracket but its like 180gbp or something.. But u can see where i am coming from, its going to be hassle and cost few quid aswell, if you cant do it all yourself and have the bits to do it ,you probably wont see 500 go at doing it reasonably tidy

@ Ciaran... Cheers fella... I'll be in touch with out about that. :thumbsup:

@ Ken... It's partially for cosmetic reasons that I'm doing it... but more for a future engine spec taht I just can't afford at the moment. I've decided that since I have everyhting out and stripped I might as well plan for down the road and re-build the enginebay and get all necassary ancillaries set up for a higher spec engine at a later stage.

I know it's a lot of hassle... but I'm in my element manufacturing bespoke parts, so all the custom pipework, intercooler, and other bits will be half the fun for me. TBH.. I reckon I will buy one of those Carl Davey alternator relocation kits as I've yet to see one that is so functional and so tasty looking too. I lost my A/C years ago as I never used it... so that's no great lose... and the roof vent should keep things cool anyway :tongue: :lol: I"ve already drawn up the CAD designs for the adaptor plates for the phase 1 manifold for fitting to phase 2 head ports and studs... and as soon as I get a manifold I'll hope to get the wedge designed up and machined by a mate with a milling machine.

I know there's going to be one knock-on problem to be solved after another... but sure that's half the fun. :multijump:

Guy on Snet has a 97/98 inlet for sale, open to offers.. Banny is his name, but im a bit lost as it says its FLOCKED!!!! and looks flocked in picture, dont know whats that about.

How will you work the icv??

[quote author=KENC link=topic=29491.msg342683#msg342683 date=1299947045]
Guy on Snet has a 97/98 inlet for sale, open to offers.. Banny is his name, but im a bit lost as it says its FLOCKED!!!! and looks flocked in picture, dont know whats that about.

How will you work the icv??
[/quote]

Hmmmm... flocked... nice ot have a soft, furry finish in your engine bay! :cuckoo:

Haven't thought that far ahead bout the ICV to be honest... I'm sure it'll be a head scratcher! :ponder2: A bit of research to be done on it!

Back