where to wire a boost gauge?

JAYB4

Sunday Drivers
Lads i got a Kangert electrical boost gauge with bad instructions, no writing :wall:. Red white and blue wires from 2 pieces. Does the piece with the hose attachment stay in the engine bay? (wires only fifteen inch on both) and where should i run red and black?behind the ignition housing? looked for a how to guide but can only find them for mechanical gauges. Dont have a multi meter to test wires on the ignition either, if anyone knows of a pic or vid let me know!

i put the vac t-piece onto the vac line going into the BPV or Dump value.

as for the power wires i wired them to the back of my radio into the dim line.. so when you turn your lights on, the light on the gauge will dim too.

Black into the ground for the radio and the red into the dim power line on the radio ( most radios these days have little tags on the wires) if not, orange one on the radio is for dim, but your radio manual will tell you that!

or take your clock out and tap into that instead!

I could be reading this wrong but i think op has an electrical gauge like Defi, which has no physical boost pipe going to gauge and needs a sender unit instead, maybe ive taken him up wrong

Your right Ive a sender unit i put under the dash connecting the hose to a T piece in line 10 just outside the solenoid box. Got line 10 from uklegacy, is that not right? Since posting i have connected the red and black of both sender unit and gauge to the positive and negative of the cig lighter. It lights up when the cars on but not showing the boost. when it turns on the needle goes round a couple of times then settles to 0 like its calibrating? needle lifts slightly but not much so ive shortened the hose and disconnected the battery gonna try again in 10 minutes! Aaron ill check the number on that hose now. Length of hose from T piece to reciever make a difference?

No dont think thats correct way to plumb it, if its close to solenoid it could be in line after retrictor, you need to get a line coming off inlet manifold, or off comp housing on turbo, id prefer inlet, there is plenty of vacum lines to T piece into, Dont use the one going to your fuel pressure regulator.. Use Dumpvalve or something

Back