Audio upgrade options

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Getting bored of the single din Clarion headunit in mine so looking at my other options. One is to replace Clarion unit in current position with a 7" android tablet and use that as the music/video player, could also use it to display ecu info using various Android apps, try to keep it looking like an OEM screen, It would give me a 7 inch touch screen that i can store my music and video on sd card in tablet. I would need to get a sat nav airvent section and a aux in adapter to connect tablet to standard speakers. Depending on tablet used, some buttons may get blocked while mounting the tablet, needing some modification, but would be the cheaper option

looks something like this:
nav1.jpg

nav2.jpg

Another option is to replace factory headunit with a nice double din unit. I would need the new headunit plus Subaru facia adapter and new aircon controls:

Fascia%20comparison%202.jpg

Left is factory headunit, right is aftermarket double din with the facia and new aircon controller

and what it would look like installed:
Happy%20Endings.JPG

minus the ol' lad of course!

Cant stop messing with this car, ill probably be keeping it for a while so need to keep myself interested in it!

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=29378.msg340866#msg340866 date=1299141846]
Heres one part of the climate control Dan,
no fascia adapter but you could keep an eye out for one

http://www.nengun.com/auction/item/e107018572
[/quote]

what category did you find that under, trying to search for other bit but not sure what it falls under

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=29378.msg340853#msg340853 date=1299115663]

minus the ol' lad of course!
and the 6 gearbox :icon_grin:

I would go with the android tablet pc. A lot more features and still cheaper .

[/quote]

Ye i thought the android tablet would be best solution but after thinkiong about it some more, i realised that i wouldnt be able to mount it in the dash properly as that would surely block access to most of the buttons on the top and side, which would need to be access to power the thing on and off or update stuff on it.

Think im going to replace the standard headunit with a double din.

Probably get this or similar:

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-avh-3300bt_p-26743.htm

Along with this:

DSCF6612.jpg

Back