Oxygen Sensor

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hi Folks any one got a part number for this on my Legacy B4 2004 BL5 and where would I get one thanks John L.

22641aa220

Subaru is your only bet and they are 330 euro, :wall: not sure if that can cause bad idle and cause the car to cut out like you mentioned

Ouch - that is as bad as the phase 2 item at €274 I just paid. I can get these much cheaper from my contacts in Switzerland (just under €100 a few years back). Does this forum support group buys? Wouldn't be quick enough for you though John.

It is quite common on phase 2 my99/00 cars for a neglected car to have both a failing MAF (which under-reads, causing less fuel to be added), and a failing O2 sensor (under-reading again, causing more fuel to be added) - these 2 tend to cancel each other out in closed-loop fuelling mode, only becoming apparent when one is changed and the ECU reset.

Having said that - I have no experience with my04 mechanical failure issues. They were still new when I was working on them :wink: Probably best to find someone with the same MY or phase of car willing to do a quick swap?

Failing that, if you can get to D4 I can plug in a laptop with EcuTek and quickly tell whether O2 sensor is gone.

Richard

last time i checked Johns car for him it looked fine, that was after MAF swap and engine reset. You can try my sensor John, but first check the sensor and wiring is securely connected in the top of the downpipe, there is also another sensor before the cat in the centre section. might be worth a quick check before you buy any new hardware

Most of my knowledge is around the phase 2 mechanicals - I have never even heard of a my04 MAF failing (I stopped tuning late 05!). If it is idly roughly then a quick view with DeltaDash should show what's going on.

Good Luck, Richard

Thanks Richard but the issue I have is that the problem is intermittent so I think I will have to wait till it gets worse cheers John L.

I will have a look Dan I kept the bits from my audio upgrade so u can have what u want cheers John L.

ill let you know if i need them. ill check if i have any of that carbon stuff there to wrap it for you, not sure i have too much left.

[quote author=John L. link=topic=29370.msg340932#msg340932 date=1299173314]
I will have a look Dan I kept the bits from my audio upgrade so u can have what u want cheers John L.
[/quote]

I was very lucky that one of the lads here had 1 for his bl5, he sold the car before he fitted the part, i got it fit two days ago. Subaru said to me that it has to come from Japan and you will have to wait four weeks for one@330euro, best to look around the internet if you need 1... Im guessing this is a common problem on b4 bl's as scooby stu needed one,and i needed one too?

Back