ISDC Event: Clonakilty Car Show September 16th (Re-scheduled)

[quote author=daveR link=topic=3391.msg33665#msg33665 date=1188139159]
New date and venue announced:

[size=12pt]
16TH OF SEPTEMBER
CLONAKILTY SHOWGROUNDS​
[/size]

[/quote]

I am going... Where is it? Cork? What time?

Akki

It's a pity we have our Strand Races (horseback) here in Kilkee that afternoon and I don't want to miss them this year, or I'd go to Clonakilty.  :(

Mind you will anybody be there, with The Match?  :dunno:

ye might have a better day at the car show :nana:

:D

I am going... Where is it? Cork? What time?

Akki
Hi Aikki.
Ya it's in west cork!I take it your coming from around Dublin area?? :ponder:
Come trough the Jack Lynch Tunnel and head towards Bandon!It's about ten minutes arter Bandon!It starts at around 12ish!Not exately sure on the time!There's another show in Macroom(about another 20mins drive from Clonakilty) on the same day,so it should be worth the trip down  :dance: :dance:

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=3391.msg34990#msg34990 date=1188897727]
ye might have a better day at the car show :nana:
[/quote]

Can you bet on it?  :ponder:

(There'll be bookies at Kilkee.  ;))

I will be there if all PR  done for Cork 20 RALLY ,   might have some to do  will try and get down to CLON 
BY THE WAY JAPFEST SHE SAID WAS BRILL....LOVED IT NEVER SAW SO MANY SUBARU,S IN ONE PLACE AT ONE TIME GREAT DAY & MORNING  HARD LUCK WITH CAR NIELL,,,HOPE IT DOSENT COST AN ARM & LEG TO REPAIR
  AIDAN HORGAN

is there already a list of members who are going?
I am in Wexford from Friday night and seriously consider to go to Cork since it is not too far from there anyway.

But if I am the only one, I am not thinking to take the trip.

let me know, please  :worship:

Akki

Ill be heading to this (havent much interest in the match,all do it will be shown at the show)
Heading to a 'sound off' in Macroom afterwards,so busy day indeed :headbanger:

sorry lads working cant go & she is like a dog she enjoyed last weekend in mondello maybe next time enjoy & have fun aidanhorgan

And I only discovered today (it was something to do with seeing all the rally cars on trailers around Ennis this afternoon  :roll:) that we've got the Clare Stages Rally on tomorrow as well!

It's going to be a busy day, with that and our Strand Races too ...  :eek:mg:

I was planning on setting off early in the morning for the start of the Clare Rally Stages, then coming back to Kilkee for the Strand Races and back to the Rally later. But the awful news about Colin McRae left me hanging on for more word late into the night and waking the man by watching videos of him racing, accompanied by a measure or two of single malt. RIP Colin, you were the best!

Hence I missed the morning's stages and started the day in the early afternoon at the races in Kilkee instead:

P1010011.jpg

Then off to East Clare and a bend, on the road up to Glendree, which seemed to challenge the sense of direction of some drivers:

P1010025.jpg

In fact this one caused great mirth with his apparent need to take a closer look at the signpost:

P1010026.jpg

Before carrying on in the right direction:

P1010027.jpg

Looking at the unofficial results, you could say :subaru: didn't do too badly  ;):

1st [4] Tim McNulty/Eugene O'Donnell (Impreza WRC) 58.30
2nd [3] Aaron MacHale/Killian Duffy (Focus WRC) 58.52
3rd [1] Patrick Elliott/Paul Goodman (Impreza WRC) 59.03
4th [9] Kevin Barrett/Barry Goodman (Impreza WRC) 1.00.11
5th [15] Willie Fannin/Paddy Robinson (Impreza N) 1.00.43
6th [10] Jack Sleator/Andrew Purcell (Impreza WRC) 1.00.51
7th [12] Michael Curran/Fabian McShane (Lancer N) 1.00.58**
8th [8] Sean Gallagher/Enda Sherry (Impreza WRC) 1.01.23
9th [17] Ian Barrett/Eoin O'Flaherty (Impreza N) 1.01.36
10th [22] Brian O'Mahony/John Higgins (Clio) 1.02.32

So how was Clonakilty, or did anybody go in the end?

Ya i was at clonakilty!It was good enough!
Got mixed up in a Mustang convoy on the way down,could bearly keep my eye's on the road :shock:
Some mint classics and American muscle cars there and the VAGE owners in attendance too!
All in all,a good day out 8)

Back