What bar pressure for 05 sti

mdunne7

Sunday Drivers
Hey lads having a bit of trouble with my 05 sti not boosting right.my boost gauge the last few weeks has been Reading anywhere between 0.05 mPa and 0.11 mPa.Finnegans after 2 days in the garage put a new m.a.f. in it and now it is constantly boosting at 0.11 mPa.is that correct pressure for a standard sti?I always thought it should be up near the 0.14 mPa mark myself????

First off why are you talking in criptic Mpa? Be a lot simpler if you just said bar or psi, what sort of a gauge have you got??
0.14MPA is 1.4 bar, so no, your car shouldnt be running this as standard, i not 100% but id say around 1 bar 1.1 would be right.. 1 bar = 0.10Mpa

Cheers lads and I know 0.14mpa is 1.4psi.I wrote mPa because that's the units on my lamco gauge.not very cryptic I don't think as pascal is a unit of pressure.Thanks for the help though :thumbsup:

Cant say ive ever seen a gauge that measures that way, any ive seen have been in bar, think i had a psi Blitz one before in some car

Yeah you are normally talking psi/bar but lamco use mPa.well any lamco ones I've seen have those units.I don't really care once I know the new air flow sensor is working correctly.was getting worried it might be something else!! :ponder2:

Wonder is that a more common used unit in the States or something??
Ur grand now sure its boosting around the 1.1 bar

Sorry just noticed that I wrote earlier that .1mpa=1 psi.I meant 1 bar.psi is totally different.i bought mine in japan.yeah it's grand now that it's 1.1bar or 0.11 mpa!!!! :multijump:

Back