Replacement clutch...

Richard.D

Sunday Drivers
Hi All,

My clutch has started slipping, so I need a replacement and somewhere that can fit it. I have a my00 wagon, but have fitted a JDM 6 speed to it. I need an entire clutch kit (with release bearing) capable of holding 450hp. Any recommendations? It's currently running a SPEC kit, I could always order the same again - the SPEC item had pretty juddery take up (although I suspect this could be a faulty release bearing, as replacing clutch disc and pressure plate when I fitted a built engine didn't make any change to juddering).

And where in Dublin could fit it? The car is fairly modified, with a custom twisted turbo install and DIY downpipe.

Many thanks, Richard

i have a fully reconed hks twin plate pull type clutch just been refurbed with new discs so as new with no milage lightweight flywheel realease bearing ect complete kit rated to 600/600 1250euro thease are usually 1500 pound +vat

Thanks Alan - I don't need that level of performance. I have reached out to ECC (thanks Duffman!) - has anyone had a clutch fitted by them, and where are they located?

Richard

I know this a stupid question, so please don't laugh.
How do you know your clutch is slipping? What are the signs? :ponder2:

When u change gear I take it. Mine does that the odd time when I change gear it goes up 1k revs instead of down. I never thought anything off it until alot ppl lately asking about clutches. I was just wondering.

not really when u change gear, clutch slipping if the clutch is really bad will happen every time u put down the boot, or if its in too high a gear,
but lads more notice it when accelerating,

Best way to test is on the motorway - foot to the floor until it boosts. This will be peak torque, likely somewhere between 3-5k rpm. Get off the gas before you smell the clutch, you will quickly knacker flywheel like this.

Richard

Thanks Alan, yes we do have a offer on the competition clutch's and fitting at the moment, £625 incl vat fitted and have been tested to 525Ib/ft sofar with no slip.

Regards
John

Sorry John, what type clutch is that Paddle or disk? and whats its like to use. Thanks

Thanks John - I assume it comes with a new release bearing as well? How much notice do I need to make a booking? I'd be coming from Dublin so can it be done the same day?

Cheers, Richard

Back