brake caliper answers

scoobycolm

ISDC Club Member
Hi I am going to fit my subaru 4 pot calipers pads and disks form the front of my car to the rear (my00 turbo classic)
while it all go straight on
a mate of mine is gonna fit them for me
just wanted to check first if its possible and if i need any extra stuff
i think i have seen a car exactly like mine with 4 pots on all round :ponder2:
thaks in advance Lads :thumbsup:

im farely sure ud need adapter brackets to do that dont no if any 1 makes an adaptor kit u mite have to get them made up pretty cool if u pull it off are u puttin brembos up front?good luck :thumbsup:

no just putting anothe set of 4 pot subaru ones on
hope i can do it
thanks for the advice ill ask mother google and see what dhe says about adapter kits :thumbsup:
[quote author=murf8969 link=topic=29261.msg339657#msg339657 date=1298638036]
im farely sure ud need adapter brackets to do that dont no if any 1 makes an adaptor kit u mite have to get them made up pretty cool if u pull it off are u puttin brembos up front?good luck :thumbsup:
[/quote]

4 pots will go straight on the front colm, no bother, everything will line up perfectly seeing as you have the disks and pads to go with the calipers :thumbsup:

If you ever want to upgrade the rear to 2 pots, then you will need rear adapter brackets for that but defo not for the front :thumbsup:

Thanks Robbie
I have 4 pots already put im buying the red 4 pots for sale
so wanted to know if i can use the black 4 pots from the front i have and stick them on the rear
ill have to get the rear adapter brackets so
:thumbsup:
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=29261.msg339665#msg339665 date=1298641776]
4 pots will go straight on the front colm, no bother, everything will line up perfectly seeing as you have the disks and pads to go with the calipers :thumbsup:

If you ever want to upgrade the rear to 2 pots, then you will need rear adapter brackets for that but defo not for the front :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Ah, i see. But I don't think so colm, the offset will be all wrong for things to line up and the disks won't fit over the handbrake shoes. The brake balance will be off too having the same calipers front and rear

wont that imbalance the car colm, ud want 6 pods on front if u have 4 on the back :ponder2:, ur better off with 2 pods on rear

Yeah I was thinking it might Jason
not sure :ponder2:
could have sworn ive seen one going around my way with it done

[quote author=ker99 link=topic=29261.msg339670#msg339670 date=1298642873]
wont that imbalance the car colm, ud want 6 pods on front if u have 4 on the back :ponder2:, ur better off with 2 pods on rear
[/quote]

wel if u put brembos up front and put the standard four pots at the back ud have no probs just a thought!

yeah thanks
i found out i cant have 4 pots on front and back
so im just gonna fit the new red ones ive bought and then sell on my old 4 pots
at least the red will look well on the car wich is what i wanted
just wasnt sure what to do with the old ones
brembos will have to wait for next years budget :thumbsup:

I've seen a few classics with subaru 4 pots front and rear. I used to wonder why the wrx's i saw had them and mine didn't

Back