Stone chips

mdunne7

Sunday Drivers
Hey guys I love to keep my car spotless but one thing that's bugging me more and more these days is stone chips on the bonnet and front bumper.any ideas how to fill these in?I got a touch up paint off the Subaru garage but it doesn't match perfect.

i wouldnt use touch up paint being honest......

you would be able to join the dots when its finished drying....

get bonnet re sprayed and you can a protective vinyl to put on...... (revolution graphics in trader section)

Depending on the quality of care your paint work has register in the past, you could find your paint has faded etc....
That's why the touch up isn't exactly the same colour!
It would be an idea to talk to revolution to see about a protective film for when you have it back the way ya want it, but honestly the best way to cure the problem with out being able to see it everytime you look at the car is respraying the bonnet properly again

Yeah I had a feeling getting it resprayed is the best option.quite expensive though.the guys in Finnegans quoted me €900 to do it.a bit much for just a bonnet I think

€900 is a joke!!!!!!!!!

When i got front and rear lips for my car I had them sprayed and fitted along with spraying the 2 bumpers they were fitted to...all for about €200

You could buy a bonnet for less than €900!

There is a guy in Castletowngeoghan he is very good and wont rip you his name is Jarleth Ennis I will send you his number if you want I Will meet u in Kilbeggan and bring you down if you want cheers John L.

To get any sort of decent result filling in stone chips, you have to fill with paint, let it dry, then fill with laquer, wet sand it flat, and buff it to a shine.

If the bonnet is completely peppered with chips, then you'd be better to start fresh with a new paint job. Then no mare tailgaiting :smile:

[quote author=mdunne7 link=topic=29228.msg339527#msg339527 date=1298580452]
:lol: good one sweetcakes!regretin the tailgating now!!!
[/quote]

:icon_lol:

Back