ecu resetting!!

JAYB4

Sunday Drivers
Hey lads, checked the car today for fault codes (only learned how today). the car was warm i put keys in position, connected black blocks, got code 22. took out the keys and disconnected the battery. An hour later wagon dec called to get a tv off me. so threw the connections on the battery. drove round the corner and back at low speed, just five minutes then turned it off to lift the tv. now everythin comes on but the engine. starter motor wont even try turn over just what sounds like maybe air being released? maybe fuel pump? hard to believe its the starter although it started on a push, but felt like it was gonna cut out if i didnt keep revving. drove to the end of the road and back but was nervous. back home it idled very low and won t start again. Did i reset the ecu wrong, should i have drove longer. battery out again, any ideas??

ecu reset shouldnt effect the starting of the car but may have an effect on idle until a drive cycle is completed.could be a loose connection

re attached the black blocks and tested for fault but it just kept flashing quickly,( no fault i think) so i tried her and she started so i disconnected the blocks and she is fine. there was a wining noise alright when she wasnt working!!

could be battery terminals. give them a rough clean apply vasoline and try again. worth doing anyway.

Back