lost my keys 93 legacy. what now?

paddycasey

Hi lads

Ive lost the keys for my legacy. a 93 estate twin turbo jap import.

Im wating for a rocker cover gasket to come from japan so its parked up in the hay barn since christmas.

i moved it a few weeks ago and left the keys "somewhere in the yard"

i had left it open and the alarm off so i can get into it.

The key was just a plain metal one so no code needed etc.

A locksmith says if i bring in the barrell from the door he can cut the key

Is it a pain in the arse to get the barrell out of the door?

will a subaru garage cut me a key with the chassis no?

p.s. 2k will buy this car.(with working key!)

sound. thanks for that. What kind of money?
The locksmith says around 40 euro but if i factored in time/damage to door taking out the barrell its getting expensive

a few years ago i left my 93 legacy into a panel beater and he broke my key in a diffferent subaru......(he got keys mixed up )

he got a code inside the door and got a key made up......and it wasnt from main dealer....

Any locksmith who has a codecutr can cut key from your doorlock. Not hard to take out,first remove doorcard.-leave window all the way up.

like i said in pm , get door barrell to yer local locksmith .

40-50 sounds a bit dear too

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=29169.msg338820#msg338820 date=1297875192]
like i said in pm , get door barrell to yer local locksmith .

40-50 sounds a bit dear too
[/quote]that was for subaru key with the immobliser chip inside, a lock smith is no good for a car with immobliser

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=29169.msg338877#msg338877 date=1297935404]
a locksmith can do more than u think !!!!!
[/quote]thats good to know, so if a car with an immobliser , and say the lad lost his keys, it would not be a problem, key with the chip inside aswell

im not sayin it wouldnt be a problem but its not impossible and the main reason everybody should have a spare key at all times . costly procedure !

:thumbsup:

3 years ago friend of mine locked my only key in the boot. I rang my local Subaru dealer who gave me number to the main office in Dublin,
rang them they said to leave it with them and 4-5 hours later, they rang back with the exact key code. Then I went to the local locksmith and
had it done for 30 E. (thats without d chip as I had my original key in the boot).

That key from the locksmith will open the doors but if you have an immobiliser, without the mag coding, the key won't be able to start the engine although the ignition barrel should turn all the way. Good to have though for when you shut the OEM key in the boot.

Back