GEARBOX OR DIFF PROBLEM

Blain

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi everyone,i drive a 01 b4 legacy turbo auto/tip,iim gettin a lot of whineing noise coming from my gearbox i think,could be diff,sounds like a bearing is fuckd,i hear it more the faster i drive,also im getting vibrations when i floor it in 5th gear like if i slow down to 40mph an speed up again while staing in 5th my steering vibrates like mad,and today i noticed that its being a bit hesitant while going through the gears and doesnt wanna change from 4th to 5th gear in a hurry.does anyone know my problem and what would be the quickest and cheapest solution as funds are low and dont want to be striping gearboxes and diffs when possibly could be replaced for less.please help :icon_hang: :icon_hang:

do you think its my box thats the problem,i would deffinatly buy of you if i need it,it will just fit straight in noting else required???,where abouts in the country are you

also it is low on oil as there is a seal i need to replace,mechanic is going to order in this week and put new oils,and i was also going toput lucas transmission fix and oil stabilizer in gearbox and diff.does anyone know about these oils are they any good,would this be my best option before replacing it

Box is a straight fit yeah. Low/bad oil will cause sloppy changing and general bad behaviour from the box too but from what youre saying about vibration it sounds like damage done. Does it go straight into gear from cold?

yeah it does,i dont kno then,should i cancel the seal and just fit a new box then or spend another few hundred on seals and oil and see if that works which i dont think it will cause was always a noise from day one,is there any chance its the diff or is the diff built in the gearbox???

If its been there since day 1 then theres a problem. Even if its the diff the replacement box is still prob cheaper. Describe exact symptoms to me.

Back