Change fuel pump

A

akki

Hello Guys,

I got my new fuel pump and just found out, that this isn't just removing old pump and putting in new pump.
Since this is an in-tank pump it seems I have to remove the whole damn tank to swap the pump.

Today I looked under the car to find out the best way to do that. I gave up when I realized I have to remove the exhaust, power train and differntial to get the tank down.

Is there anyone around who knows a) easier way to get the pump swapped or  b) a garage not charging a fortune to do it?
Maybe one of our club members can do something like this?

Please let me know. I am off course willing to do it my self, but without a proper lift....  :hang:

Thanks

Axel

remove the back seats out the car,on the drivers side there is a kidney shaped cover,hase few screws ,remove the screws...under that you will see the top of the fuel tank,there is bout 8/10 little bolts that hold the cover on,remove this and the connecting hoses...and pull off the cover,the fuel pump i htink comes out with the cover... :ponder:think thats bout it...

[quote author=scoobyke link=topic=3363.msg33434#msg33434 date=1187896660]
remove the back seats out the car,on the drivers side there is a kidney shaped cover,hase few screws ,remove the screws...under that you will see the top of the fuel tank,there is bout 8/10 little bolts that hold the cover on,remove this and the connecting hoses...and pull off the cover,the fuel pump i htink comes out with the cover... :ponder:think thats bout it...
[/quote]

Thanks for the replay.

I have a Impreza Wagon from 1998 and thought already to just remove the back seat to get there.
But there is no cover nor anything to screw off, or I am just blind.

Any other idea?

Axel

[quote author=scoobyke link=topic=3363.msg33439#msg33439 date=1187896874]
wagon,impreza all the same....look again its there... :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Lads,

you all where right. It was behind the backseat under the carpet in the boot.
I have changed the pump and it was an easy job (if you know where to look at)  :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot to all your help.

Really appreciate it.

Axel

Back