Atmospheric BOV

STiBug

Sunday Drivers
Just a quick one on fitting an atmospheric BOV instead of a recirclating valve. Can it cause engine or performance problems? And is a remap recommended after install? Car is 02 Jap Impreza STi.

Dont need a remap for a BOV, no performance gains/losses, alot of lads here using them no issues.
Shouldnt cause engine or performance problems. Some people may say it will, but i personally have never seen or experienced it on any cars i have owned or friends cars of friends of friends etc!

I had problems with mine when the car was still running the maf sensor it had lumpy idle and would eventually stall some backfiring too, fine since running simtek which has a mafless setup.

i notice my car runs a lot smoother on 100 recric, even at 50/50 the car would be be jerky when you take the foot off the gase. If you dont believe me drive on 100% atmosphere for a week then switch back to 100% recirc, you will notice the smoothness straight away! Car will also tun very rich every time it dumps, not that i have ever heard of anyones engine blowing up from fitting an aftermarket BOV! The sound is good for a while but gets annoying after a while it think! Maybe im just getting old!

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=29068.msg337714#msg337714 date=1297368759]
Do you think that was to do with installing the BOV of the MAF was on its way out?
[/quote]

It only happened when i put the bov on. when i put back the standard recirc and it was fine no problems. my own car ran better with the standard one too.

Thanx for all that. Have heard alright of some people experiencing problems and more people not. Looks like one of those trial and error things. :dontknow:

Back