Tyres.Help.

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hi Folks Im really pissed off got 4 new tyres today Fedrels SS 595 exact same size as what I had on and guess what there rubbin of the fekkin back arches how is this possible and what can I do :ponder2: :ponder2: :ponder2:

Unfortunately one brand cannot be assumed to be exact same size another one. If I look on ur rear arches is there a black rubber strip that can beremoved?

Cant really tell at the moment but if arches need to be rolled who is the best for the job and how much will it cost cheers

[quote author=John L. link=topic=29063.msg337664#msg337664 date=1297360311]
Cant really tell at the moment but if arches need to be rolled who is the best for the job and how much will it cost cheers
[/quote]

what size are the new tyres? i have 235/4018 and its lower than yours from what i remember, no rubbing for me!

Yeah a real pain in the arse and it is loud when u go down a depression in the road, this bloody car I swear one day Iwill kill it cheers

[quote author=John L. link=topic=29063.msg337700#msg337700 date=1297367250]
Yeah a real pain in the arse and it is loud when u go down a depression in the road, this bloody car I swear one day Iwill kill it cheers
[/quote]

dont want to say this but could be a problem with shocks? check the gap is same between tyre and arch on both sides and check the shock for any signs of leaks.

[quote author=John L. link=topic=29063.msg337705#msg337705 date=1297367547]
Will do but seems odd that this would only start after I put new tyres on cheers
[/quote]

ye worth a check though. can you see rub marks on the tyres? it should make a straight slice type mark if its catching the arch

No real deep mark showing but I will keep an eye, Dec is doing radio on Sat I will get him to check it out cheers.

[quote author=John L. link=topic=29063.msg337709#msg337709 date=1297368107]
No real deep mark showing but I will keep an eye, Dec is doing radio on Sat I will get him to check it out cheers.
[/quote]

no worries ill be back tomorrow night so, if Dec needs any help or info on the install, give us a shout. Im sure he will be grand. Stick up some pics when your done!

Back