New to ISDC : B4 leagacy since 2003

N

Nettie

Greetings all,
As title suggests I am new to this forum but an owner of a B4 RSK since 2003. :D and I still have a big silly grin on my face every time I drive her. She is a 2002 twin turbo (as original) only changes I have done is to add a stereo and alarm/ immobilser, imported with only 70kilometers on the clock (that's 70 ... not a typo)

Been having a few problems of late and wondering if anyone can recommend a proper mechanic - scooby garage I have been going to for servicing not good when it comes on fault finding - would appreciate direction to someone could assist !

Nettie

Welcoem along Nettie  :thumbsup: 

Id suggest Ian Byrne in Cartorque Clane.

Damo

thanks for welcome

(Based on N11 - M1)
home is Wicklow and work is Dublin/Drogheda

Reno - thanks for the suggestion will get in contact with Ian and explain the problem

Yout welcome, a friend of mine went for some fault finding to a Subaru dealer here in Dublin, They had his car in and out for around 4 weeks and replaced every sensor plugs leads and about 2500 grands worth of parts and the car was still running like a dog , Brought it to Ian in Car torque and he spotted a big hole in the uppipe straight away. If he had of just gone to Ian in the first place he would have saved a small fortune :roll:

Reeno,
Have been in and out to same garage in Dublin for past couple of weeks spent some €€€€'s but thankfully not €2.5k !!!!! But I know they have no idea - if the diagnostics does not have an error code they can chase they do not seem to have any idea :wall: hence a high level of frustration this morning when I drove car with same error, having only collected car from garage last night.

howdy and welcome.......

i'd suggest george from gt performance in dublin, he does work on my car and ive never had any trouble with it..? his mobile is 086 1013616 and gt performance can also be found on this website

Thanks smurf - much appreciated,
the scooby garage just rang me back and quoted an obscene amount of money to replace a part which they are not sure is the actual problem !
so anyone with a bit of automotive intelligence who can assist in correct diagnosis is very welcome

welcome along nettie :thumbsup:
i got some work done from ian in car tork,recommended dy damo(renno555) :clap:
he's very well priced and theres no bullsh1t with him so well worth giving him a shout
:subaru:

Thanks for the recommendations on car tork :thumbsup: - I don't want to hand my baby over to just anyone !

:subaru: Welcome along :thumbsup: Why dont you tell us the problem with the car, their is always a chance that one of our B4 owners may have had the same problem at some stage.

Garage you were with wasent in Clondalkin by any chance.(big shiny windows and jackets)

Had mine there a few times and they were s**t

Brought to Cartorque and Ian had sorted on next visit.

:smokin:

Carlo - garage was further south ! they are fine for servicing etc but I just don't have the confidence in their diagnostic skills
will post a seperate thread with the problems I have been having (thanks 555-scooby) - in case anyone out there already knows the answer ! but will def. get in touch with ian and get him to check her out.

Back