Rattle

Aaron

Petrolheads
I have a rattle on da back left by the exhaust. You can only hear it when your sat and idle, i can hear it from da drivers sit and you can hear it clearly when you put your ear to rear panel where the it meets the bumper.

Its only started about 2 weeks ago and my god its really annoying me, others dont seem to hear it though.

Now.... my droplinks/bushes are fecked on the back so theres ALOT of squeekin and rattling from them when moving (god i hope its not my top mounts aswell) Mechanic is 90% sure its just droplinks / bushes - its been sorted next week!

So could it just be the vibration of the exhaust making them rattle when idle or should i be looking for something else..

Country roads are killing my car :wall: :wall:

Hello Aaron,

A quick check around the back-box & its mounts should be your first place to look :thumbsup:

Check to see if the back-box has moved to either side and is vibrating / fouling on something :thumbsup:

After that, a more detailed look will be required :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

You were right Michael - just went under the car there and the mount just behind the backbox is abit loose. the metal bar is moving in the rubber mount. so thats why sometimes it doesnt rattle.

:thumbsup:

Back