Serious problem

breno58

Petrolheads
Ok well ive been having boost issues since i got the new engine fitted a few months back,

Sometimes it would boost perfectly fine and other times it wouldnt go past .4 bar or so,

So i tried to check for codes today to see if i could sort it and now the car wont rev past 4500 rpm its like it hitting fuel cut or something, anyone got any ideas???

The car is a 93 wrx with a 96 wrx engine fitted and still using the old ecu, bog standard apart from dump valve and ebc with is running standard .8 bar boost.

[quote author=breno58 link=topic=28931.msg336268#msg336268 date=1296675549]
So i tried to check for codes today to see if i could sort it and now the car wont rev past 4500 rpm its like it hitting fuel cut or something, anyone got any ideas???
[/quote]

The ECU has gone into safe mode. Disconnect battery for 30 minutes and reconnect.

Right so took it for a spin there and it went past 4500rpm no problem all the way to the redline but it still wouldnt boost past .4 bar :wall:

Ah with recent Mac Mac Airbourne and this.......... We'll quantum leap here back to good aul times.........Anyone for clocks for £18. Small damage.......

Back