Exhaust emissions.

azerp

Sunday Drivers
Have a little problem car failed nct on emissions,The emissions are off the chart, high low idle 5.10 when the limt is 0.50,high idle 4.54 limit 0.30 the lambda is fine.Its a sti gc8 version 6 with an induction and exhaust and no decat,anyone any ideas :thumbsup:

I'm not an expert but doesn't "no decat" mean your exhaust doesn't have one of the catalytic converters that normal exhaults have to remove emissions - the no decat pipes are performance parts to increase performance by removing the restriction of the converter from exhaust. As far as I know you would NOT want to got to NCT centre with one of these performance exhausts - replace with normal cat exhaust first and then swap back after. That's what i was thinking i would have to do if i got one of those "race" exhausts...

As above you defo need CAT for exhaust,other wise all emissions are just coming out your back end !! :lol:

[quote author=geogan link=topic=28917.msg336389#msg336389 date=1296727718]
I'm not an expert but doesn't "no decat" mean your exhaust doesn't have one of the catalytic converters that normal exhaults have to remove emissions - the no decat pipes are performance parts to increase performance by removing the restriction of the converter from exhaust. As far as I know you would NOT want to got to NCT centre with one of these performance exhausts - replace with normal cat exhaust first and then swap back after. That's what i was thinking i would have to do if i got one of those "race" exhausts...

[/quote]

He said "no decat" which means cat is still in place. The opposite to what you have described above.

OK then, well I hope all WRX's aren't like his because I have an NCT due on mine at the end of month - is there some checks i should be doing to see if it will fail or not regarding emissions!??!? :icon_hang:

Back