Arrgghhh - my99/00 Lambda/O2 sensor required ASAP for NCT!

Richard.D

Sunday Drivers
Hi All,

Not a regular poster on here, but have a huge favour to ask - I just went for an NCT re-test; it originally failed on too lean (waaay too lean, lambda 1.28!). This was an exhaust leak at centre section - fixed it. On way for retest today the lambda sensor started dieing, and it failed NCT again - 1.1 lambda this time. Got it home, plugged in the laptop and saw intermittent voltage from the sensor - while I was faffing it failed completely.

I have until 5th February to get it redone within the retest window, then I need to do a full NCT again :( I will try and rebook tomorrow for the 5th.

Does anyone have a lambda/O2 sensor for a my99/00 (phase 2) turbo I can either buy or borrow? Purleeaaassseee?!

I will start contacting dealers tomorrow, but have concerns about them holding stock. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated!

Many thanks, Richard

Subaru salvage will have 1 there for certain I'd say
Sti tuning, ali burrows, CIaran Asd all traders on here also and may have stock

Thanks all. I got one from the dealer in the end - they charged like a wounded bull though! I used to get them for around €90 when I was in Switzerland - does anyone do group buys on here? I could organise something.

Sods law though - car still failed retest, with a sudden decrease in fuelling during closed loop again. No idea what is going on...and my clutch is now slipping to boot! So, will fix clutch first, then fix fuelling. Car is coming off the road for a while (how do I do that in Ireland?).

Richard

Just don't pay your raod tax renewal and its off the road. Soon, you will be obliged to notify the motor tax office but not as yet.

Personally, I use Ciaran of ASD (0878330772) as he's meticulous in his work. He'll sort your clutch and your fueling problem for you.

Forgot to add.. When putting it back on the road, just go into the guards and ask them to stamp the form declaring it off the road. This is only done when you go to renew so they don't try to charge you back tax :thumbsup:

Thanks - should I get them to stamp it when I take it off the road as well then? And which form, registration document?

I am about to put a shitbox Fiat Punto onto the road while the Scoob is getting some TLC - so it's relevant for that too (I took ownership of the Fiat back in November last year - registered in my name then, about to get an NCT for it - last one expired 3 years ago, last time it was driven was to return from an NCT test!).

Thanks, Richard

no need to get anything stamped when taking car off the road just park her up and don't pay road tax,

the form you will need to fill out when you deciede to put it back on the road is an "rf 100 form" this can be got in any garda station,

fill this out get garda to stamp it and bring to tax office when taxing the car :thumbsup:

[quote author="Gretts" link=topic=28913.msg340245#msg340245 date=1298892022]
no need to get anything stamped when taking car off the road just park her up and don't pay road tax,

the form you will need to fill out when you deciede to put it back on the road is an "rf 100 form" this can be got in any garda station,

fill this out get garda to stamp it and bring to tax office when taxing the car :thumbsup:
[/quote]is there talks of the form mentioned above being done away with

heard that
not sure how its possible
if that is the case then ill just keep changing the ownership of the car from me to the Wife and back again
only problem is the car will look like its had loads of owners :icon_rolleyes:
fookin the setup in ireland is a joke :angry1:
[quote author=ker99 link=topic=28913.msg340258#msg340258 date=1298895526]
[quote author="Gretts" link=topic=28913.msg340245#msg340245 date=1298892022]

[/quote]is there talks of the form mentioned above being done away with
[/quote]

Back