Remap for 00 Legacy RSK B4

E

elusiveguy

I'm on the very edge of buying one of these but I'm having trouble with remap options... A number of places are trying to sell me an Apexi Neo, which,as I understand it, don't control spark, only fueling...

Would I be right in saying this will leave me with an extra thirsty Legacy which may still knock due to 100+RON ignition timing?? Does the timing need to be retarded??

What are the other options out there??

HOwdy,

Best option is to get the ecu reflashed using ECUTEK software...pm renno on this site he organises mapping days..car is designed to run on 102 and suffers badly for it on our fuel...AFAIK there is no apexi unit for it the neo wont do the job, you'd need the power fc and there is none available for the b4..you can use a HKS f con..TDP will do this for but they are looking for 1800 quid including the remap...the ecu retards the timing with it detects a knock goes into sort of a safe mode..horrible..you can avoid this using lucas octane booster but not completely

Sounds like they want to richin up the fuel mix with the Neo maybe :dunno: Ecutek is your best option to get it safe IMO.

How much are the reflashes? How often are the mapping days run? I'm looking to stay stock for the moment so it'll just be a fuel adjustment but in the future wehn this changes, will it be the initial fee again?

The way it works is you pay a licence fee and the mapping fee, If you need a second map you have no licence fee and just the mapping fee, which is substantially cheaper then the orginal price.

Damo

i dont understand one thing ye guys are talking about . i,ve had a b4 since march and used octane boost and no mapping . she drives like a dream .

it could 2 minutes or 2 years after buyin.ya just never know without a knock-link :thumbsup:

it really depends on how hard you drive it aswell,if your givin it the big you every second day the chances are bigger,but if you potter around all the time youll be grand with our fuel and booster,but the remap doesnt just make it safe for fueling ,with a few small mods you can get the best from your car,power wise.

att damo,your car should be running about 275 brake standard but on our fuel and booster it would only got about 255 and is still unsafe at high revs but on a remap + mods you could push 280 brake + bigger torgue safely

as above damo,speak to renno for a remap,theres not many places mapping them now as there having problems with them,but this weekend he (renno) has a lad from scooby clinic coming over to map a good few cars who i heard is very good and is mapping a few b4s this weekend and funny enough my impreza to.

have you booth the car yet,cause after this weekend there will be a few lads posting up here about how they got on with there mapping,you could hold off on the car till you here what they say

[quote author=johnny5 link=topic=3341.msg33447#msg33447 date=1187901332]
as above damo,speak to renno for a remap,theres not many places mapping them now as there having problems with them,but this weekend he (renno) has a lad from scooby clinic coming over to map a good few cars who i heard is very good and is mapping a few b4s this weekend and funny enough my impreza to.

have you booth the car yet,cause after this weekend there will be a few lads posting up here about how they got on with there mapping,you could hold off on the car till you here what they say
[/quote]

Slight correction  :D Pat maps for alot of companys inc mine and is hired by companys, He maps for Scooby Clinic 2 days of the week just, Also maps for API Engines , Extreme Scoobys, Hayward + Scott, Lateral Car plus many more. Inc Steve Gearys 850bhp 9.3 second Impreza that is suppose to be in the 8s soon. He ran his 9.3 in the video below with a missfire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymO0VlJUM94

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ValcBn1Jpko&mode=related&search=

Damo

[quote author=johnny5 link=topic=3341.msg33471#msg33471 date=1187907991]
sorry damo see you sat
[/quote]

No bother see you bright and early mate :thumbsup:

i,ll hold off awhile so .. i,ll have a chat with ye all on the 9th . which enterance do we go in and what time ?

[quote author=damo link=topic=3341.msg33576#msg33576 date=1187986664]
i,ll hold off awhile so .. i,ll have a chat with ye all on the 9th . which enterance do we go in and what time ?
[/quote]

thats a different thread!!! :thumbsup:

Back