any 1 using knock link on there classic

gersti

Petrolheads
hi lads wondering is there any1 using a knock control or knock link and is there much advantage in usin this thanks :thumbsup:

Anyone with a Simtec ecu has it built in where the Check Engine Light CEL flashes at you. I have this setup. Only saw it flash when i was stuck and got non Maxol petrol. I always carry extra octane booster now so i don't get caught out. When it flashes you lay off the throttle and hopfully avoid damage. That is the theory i believe.

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=28895.msg335874#msg335874 date=1296509537]
Super bit of kit and it records so you can look back on it
[/quote]

You can go home, and cry and look at the point where your engine Sh;t itself over and over again :icon_cry: :doh: :icon_cry: :doh: :icon_cry: :doh:

Think your safe enough Tommy unless your putting Redbull in her :icon_grin: nice to have though all wired and ready for when you start adding bits :smokin:

[quote author=Nic spec c link=topic=28895.msg335925#msg335925 date=1296514030]
Think your safe enough Tommy unless your putting Redbull in her :icon_grin: nice to have though all wired and ready for when you start adding bits :smokin:
[/quote]

yeah thats what im thinkin 2 ,

mine is a uk car, dont need to worry about fuel really runs fine out 95. But i be interested in how much they are?

ks3 €270 handy to fit, but they don't hide in the dash as well as the knocklink. but from some data logging they seem to be more accurate.
if there is a few looking to buy them i'll see if i can get a better price.

Heres a pic of ks3 fitted to newage
DSC00410.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

And in Classic
detail044.jpg

Think i read somewhere they have changed the orange wire to black now to blend it in a bit

Back