intercooler

jackswagon

Middle Lane Hogs
hi, could anyone tell me how much bhp the standard intercooler on a 97 wrx can safetly run without any issues, and also 380 injectors, would they get me anyway near 300bhp, i'm thinking fmic and 440 injectors or bigger for 300+ bhp but i'd be happy if i got to 300 with just changing my td04 to ihi vf34, i have all the other supporting mods so no issues there, its just the next phase ill be hoping to move to after xmas , i m going to enjoy the car for a few months after putting so much into it this year but ill pick up anything i can in preparation for next year if i can, any suggestions are very welcome , thanks , james.

Think top mount is good for 380/400bhp,your injectors could be fine not to sure...maybe get a TDO5 16,as far as i know they like too boost better than the VF...have to wait for Dave to come on he will know better..

[quote author=jackswagon link=topic=3335.msg33010#msg33010 date=1187633973]
hi, could anyone tell me how much bhp the standard intercooler on a 97 wrx can safetly run without any issues, and also 380 injectors, would they get me anyway near 300bhp, i'm thinking fmic and 440 injectors or bigger for 300+ bhp but i'd be happy if i got to 300 with just changing my td04 to ihi vf34, i have all the other supporting mods so no issues there, its just the next phase ill be hoping to move to after xmas , i m going to enjoy the car for a few months after putting so much into it this year but ill pick up anything i can in preparation for next year if i can, any suggestions are very welcome , thanks , james.
[/quote]

With the TMIC on your car and 16g turbo( Think it was the slanty one upto 96 then straight black one after that ) Id say 1.2 bar is about the max id run, You havent really got the fueling or the cooling to support either of those turbo's. Injectors are maxed at 300bhp slightly more with a regulator. Even the later Ver 5 - 6 TMIC is more or less maxed at low 3 hundreds, The newage STI one is another story though and a very good upgrade.

Id suggest a fuel pressure regulator as a minimum to hit the 300 mark.

Damo

Back