dmp valve

jackflash

Sunday Drivers
hey ,today was exploring fitting a dump valve ,ok so disconnected the old standard dump v,capped off the recirculating pipe, fitted vent to atmosphere one but the car does tick over right ,if u rev it and let ur foot off it cuts out. this cant be right anyone got any ideas ??????
Im using a baily dump valve with a 90degree adaptor ,might be missing something or maby did it wrong all ideas welcome :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

ya back the same as before ,im told the dump v is off a subaru but maby its off a smaller car would that be a problem

some cars dont like them - just make sure all connections are sealed and tight

could be the valve itself - i had problems with mine where the seal was worn and it was dumping all the time.
maybe you can get another one and try it. Put the stock one back on and make sure all is normal again too.

would u believe its a long story only have car few days ,took off standard dump valve cos the recirculating pipe was wrong and kinked, to find some clown made a gasket for standard dump valve but forgot to put the hole in it hence i couldnt hear it dumping at all thats why i tryin to use some aftermarket bit to fix it ,

if you dont have a gasket between the intercooler and the Dump valve you will have leaking...
make sure the black gasket is there... if all fails get someone to look at it near you.

i think ur right the dump valve seems to be open all the time i have a turbosmart v port that i might try that and see how it goes it adjustable i think

ok new up date :huh: got a new adaptor made last night to accept my turbosmart v port adjustable dump valve .fitted it today all good ,blocked off the return pipe connected the vacuum hose car ticks over perfect.

gave the engine a little rev dumped air perfect all good until i took it dowm the road

car boosts fine but as its boosting there is a kind of screaching noise and when i let off the gas only little dump nothin major
it doesnt loose any boost at all but sounds like something leakin, will have to put it on a lift and run it to cif i can c any thing
if this has happened to anyone feel free to imput all suggestions welcome

1st thing is you shouldnt have any noise going and while on boost from your Valve the valve will only release when you let you foot of the gas any bit...

sound stange man, you should the valves are for your model? maybe your car just dont like them.

maybe go to someone like Dave in Sti tuning and see what they think.

Back