ideas on a problem

murf8969

Sunday Drivers
how ar ye lads my problem started bout 6 months ago i changed a few vacum hoses drove to my gfs and when i went to take off the throttle stuck wide open scared the absolute sh*t outa me and the cel light went on so i switched all the vacum hoses bak
to no effect,for the next few days it would rev wildley outa control so i kept having to turn the car off and bak on,after a day or so of this i brought it to C&R was told it was sorted and charged 119 euro by the time i got to the trafic lights same problem and the cel went back on brought it bak and got a very reluctant refund and was told the mechanics wouldnt work on it cos they didnt no what i did wit it just cos i changed a few vacum hoses,first they said it was a faulty connection on the throttle body the they said it was the 02 sensor and tried to charge me 300 for it,so eventually brought it to a local garage they had it a day and said it was crappy wiring didnt go into detail but it was workin 90% better the cel came bak on but it wasnt reving out of control wer im at now is wen i start the car i have to let the car warm rite up otherwise wen im driving and let my foot off it drops revs realy slowly and wen it gets to bout 2000 revs it jerks and then continues on fine and wen it warms up its perfect,if it is the 02 sensor and its sending a signal that its goin to cut out so it revs up to stop that?how could i test the 02 sensor i was thinkin if i remove the 02 sensor so the brain isnt receiving any signal so it defaults it wil still have the cel but it wont jerk wen i let of??just a thaught any advice is much appreciated! :thumbsup:

why did you change the hoses in the first place, was there a problem?

are you sure you put them back on the same way they came off?

Is this a B4? When you where changing the vacum hoses did you removed the box?
If so you would of disconnected the maf..I would say that's what your problem is.. either you haven't connect it back correctly or its fcuked..just a guess mind.

no the hoses were grand they wer blue vacum hoses tot they looked wel no not a b4 its an impreza 1.6 ye the hoses defo went bak on rite its realy puzzeling i tot it mite be the idle control valve cleaned and checked dat wasnt it!every time c&r did a diagnostic it kept sayin the 02 sensor could that cause all these issues?i tot dat was weird!

Back