Tubular headers or OEM ported manifold?

Codders

Member Number 162Full ISDC Members 2015
Hey guys

Just wondered what's your opinion.

It seems like my oem headers started leaking a bit and I was wondering if its worth to go towards the GT Spec2 tubular headers manifold, or just order OEM manifold ported by Harvey Smith?

I emailed Harvey and he said, he could supply the GT Spec2 for £415 + his own famous 3 bolt uppipe for another £150, so the spool wouldn't go so far in the REV range.

I read different opinions and many guys just went back to oem headers.

so maybe porting them + the 3bolt up pipe by Harvey Smith would be the best option?

What's your opinion?

Are you upgrading the turbo or anything else along with it? Or do you have any plan to? If not, then go with the ported headers. And even if so, the ported headers will be up to the job. Think KenC was looking into this previously so might be worth a pm :thumbsup:

i decatted the standard uppipe on my wagon and ported the manifold out with a dremmel and i think it did make a difference im im pullin full boost at about 2500 rpm so is very responsive thats the way go un less planning big power then maybe headers but standard manifold can handle big enough power so dont really see the point of headers

Yeah the tubular headers may affect the spool of turbo and move it a bit up the RPM range.

I think I will go with ported OEM headers and matched up-pipe - all come DEI wrapped by Harvey for £400 odd
I wouldn't want to sacrifice the torque and spool in lower range of RPM :thumbsup:

Back