advice about active transmissions?

Blain

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi,does anyone know what there like and are they expensive???theres a ticking and like a whinen bearing noise coming from somewhere in my 01 b4 legacy,i got the wheels and all the obvious checked and nothing.its been in the car since i bought it and seems to be gettin worse,its not engine trouble as ive replaced the engine 4 months ago with a fresh imported engine,by the way its an auto/tiptronic legacy!this noise is very erritating!!any info???

Obvious questions but can you pinpoint the noise to a general area?

I've used them 3 times before mate, they're very good at what they do, I didn't find them expensive but sure no harm in getting an estimate from them

i cant really tell where its coming from but def near the front of car.i thought it was a wheel bearing or alternator bearing but everything all rite.perhaps the ticking noise could be a hole in the mani or both noises related to same problem,which i think is either the tranny of diffs or possibly drives because startin to loose a bit off pull aswell.

Eliminate things here will you, is the noise in the car when standing still, is it only in when its moving, does it only come in when a Gear or D is selected???

if it is the diff,how much would it cost to repair/replace??it makes noise when im driving in D or in tiptronic doesnt matter

it increases the higher i rev and when i ease off the pedal i still hear it whineing away

i also need to replace the gearbox and diff oil as there is a seal gone in my box.mines an auto box by the way,mabey thats wats causing all the whineing!!!could i be soo lucky!!!!any tips on whats the best gearbox and diff oil to use?

Back