Change a Parking Light Bulb

dp639

Sunday Drivers
Hi folks,
Can't believe I need to ask this question but how do I go about changing the parking light blub on my car, a blob eye. :icon_redface:

Had a look around and couldn't see any obvious way of getting to it, if it means taking out the light and possibly the bumper so be it but just posting this to make sure there is no easier way.

Thanks in advance,
Darren

I think the handiest way is take out the grill and then loosen the headlight and take it out, it will take a bit of force to pop it out from the wing side though

You have to take out the lights to get at them.

It's a ridiculous design. Take out the grille, the 4 clips next to the grill (through the top of the bumper), the 4 10mm bolts though the top of the lights With the bolts removed from the top of the headlights you will find it is still held by 4 ball and socket type things. Pull the unit to get it off.

I think thats how its done but I take it you have your manual as I think Ken had all the documents for that WR1 with it. It explains exactly in there how to do it. :thumbsup:

[quote author=joescooby link=topic=28691.msg333870#msg333870 date=1295641107]
I think the handiest way is take out the grill and then loosen the headlight and take it out, it will take a bit of force to pop it out from the wing side though
[/quote]yea on my legacy i had to unbolt the bolts on the wing and just let it hang with enough spce to pop out de lights. sure these cars are designed for little squinty men with tiny hands lol FRINK JAPS! :wazzup:

I have to change mine too on the battery side and i still cant get the headlight out.. the wing bends too much and im afriad the wing will warp

that ball socket is stupid.... this is a pain in the hole!

Yes the lamp unit needs to come out, full instructions in the manual. I'll get around to it some night during the week.

If anyone needs the instructions I can take a picture of the pages in the manual and post them here, if this is required let me know.

Cheers
Darren

You might as well do it anyway and post it in the How to section for future questions to be answered. :thumbsup:

Back