New Proposed Track Day Date , 29th October

T

Turbo

Unfortunately there weren't enough members interested to make running our own track day feasible . Stuart asked me to enquire about us joining in with the Trackskills public track day at Kirkiston race track on Sunday 29th October .

Trackskills are the company that Stuart had contacted about running our own track day . I have been to a lot of their track days & they are very professionally ran , with the marshalls allowing no mad behavior or drifting on the track or in the pit area .( sorry Niall & Dave :D)

Here is their website - http://www.trackskills.com

As you can see they attract some nice cars . The Lotus Ireland dealer sometimes brings along an elise or exige to give potential customers test drives ! :pray:

I asked him about putting us on track in our own private sessions , availability of instructors & the availability of a track car for hire .

Anyway , here's the reply I recieved from him -

"Would you be able to organise it that we were out on our own sessions as 1 or 2 groups of subarus ?"

So long as there were enough of them that would not be a problem. :thumbsup:

"Also quite a few of the guys would like some instruction as they've never been on track before . Maybe you could have an extra instructor available for the day ?"

Once again, so long as we knew there was the demand, an extra instructor would be no problem. :thumbsup:

"Not all the club members want to take their car on track but I think if the Vectra SRI race car was available for hire a few guys would be interested . If you can get insurance sorted do you know how much it's going to be to hire it per session or per day ?"

As regards the Vectra, we are still looking at the insurance and have no answers yet. :dunno:

Their track days consist of 15 min sessions , starting around 10 am & finishing around 5 pm . For your £80 you are guaranteed at least 4 x 15 min sessions but in my experience you get at least 6 sessions , especially if you stay all day . A lot of people start leaving in the afternoon & later on you can sometimes have the track to yourself ! 8)

Instructor sessions are £10 & they have a limited number of helmets available for hire .

Catering consists of sandwiches , crisps , chocolate , tea , coffee & soft drinks . Maybe if we had enough interest we could organise a BBQ for ourselves ?

So there you go guys , we have the opportunity to have a track day ran by the same company as before but without needing to get enough numbers & no fear about losing money due to poor turnout . Even if you take 2 instructor sessions it still works out £50 cheaper . :clap: In the other thread there were 12 guys interested in a track day so that would probably be enough for 2 sessions . Donal is a great guy & will do all he can to accommodate us . You will also have the opportunity to see how your car compares with non-scoobys if you wish ! :subaru:

I would suggest that the secretary contact those without internet access in case they're interested & maybe put a post in the Ireland section of Scoobynet ?

I'll start the list of interested parties .

Turbo

I was down at a Trackskills track day last Sunday at Kirkiston . It was a typically well ran event with a diverse mixture of cars . There were a few guys down for some fun in a couple of old bangers but they were being watched very closely by the marshalls & any sign of messing around they were black flagged . :clap: There were quite a few locost bike engined race cars & at least 1 westfield . We had an old TVR , an Astra rally car , Audi S3 turbo , 205 1.9GTI , Integra type R , a few MX-5's & a few beemers & more cars I can't remember .

Unfortunately one of my brake discs was cracked when I got into the car that morning . Really pi55ed off as I had went up the night before & stayed near the track in order to be there early . But if it cracked after a normal drive up the road it would definately have cracked during hard track driving , so I saved myself spending £80 to find out my brake discs need changed .

I went down to the track anyway as I wanted to see Donal . I managed to blag a few passenger sessions in the TVR , the Westfield & the 205 GTI . For an 18 year old car the TVR was deceptively quick & unbelievably torquey - only using 3rd & 4th gear on the track . I have been on track with this car before & it's quicker than the Legacy . The Westfield was a fun , if windy affair . The best fun was in the 205 GTI - the guy really knew how to drive it & he was diving in on the brakes then drifting it nicely around the bends . I'm leaning very strongly towards building my own 205 track car , going to look at a shell on Saturday . Might even have it built for our track day - going to have plenty of spare time as I'm unemployed from next Friday ! :cry:

Managed to have a good chat with Donal & he would be very happy if a large group of us turn up on the 29th . It would make it a lot simpler for him if he can put us out on the track together as a group . In order to arrange an extra instructor he would need to know numbers beforehand so if you're going to come along please add your name ! :whistle:

this sounds good cheers turbo, might aswell start the names here;

johnny5

[quote author=johnny5 link=topic=391.msg3192#msg3192 date=1158953995]
this sounds good cheers turbo, might aswell start the names here;

johnny5
scoobyke[/quote]

The last list went something like
this

Please add or amend this list as needed.
Niall
Alan B4
Renno / Damo
Dave Leggy
pbsti / Phillip
Eamon
Scoobyke / Robbie
John M
Johnny 5
Dave Lewis

Niall.

Nially I can't make it, another bloody wedding. unfortunately the other day was perfect.
Cheers
John

Niall
Alan B4
Renno / Damo
Dave Leggy
pbsti / Phillip
Eamon
Scoobyke / Robbie
John M
Johnny 5
Dave Lewis
tractorman / Alan

Lads if this track day doesnt take off Mondello's last track day of the year is on the next day ie Monday the 30th October. I would join you up north but I got a present of a voucher for the Mondello Track day and two track days in a row would be too much torture for my poor scoob.

Frawls

Niall
Alan B4
Renno / Damo
Dave Leggy
pbsti / Phillip
Eamon
Scoobyke / Robbie
John M
Johnny 5
Dave Lewis
tractorman / Alan and Des Cahill/STI

Sounds like a plan is this going to happen ? If it does i will be there with my car if it lasts the timeattack final the weekend before in mondello Thats if the new engine is done which i have been told i will have it ...

Anyway my car will be on my trailer so i will have my van and jack plus tools, tyres if any one whats to bring extra petrol there will be room..

Bump!! Bump!!

Any More ????????

Turbo
Niall
Alan B4
Renno / Damo
Dave Leggy
pbsti / Phillip
Eamon
Scoobyke / Robbie
John M
Johnny 5
Dave Lewis

Niall.

ANYBODY ANY PROBLEMS IF A FRIEND OF MINE COMES ALONG IN HIS VX220 SPEEDSTER?RECONS IT SHOULD TAKE THE SCOOBIES,I BEG TO DIFFER.
IF HE DOES COME ALONG IS IT £80.00 OR MORE BECAUSE HE IS NOT A MEMBER?
ALAN

It'll be £80 no matter if your a ISDC member or not.

Hi Turbo, Glad you enjoyed the run out in the flying 205 GTi :thumbsup: I'll be at the kirkistown that day in the 205 again for a bit more fun, hope it's dry!!!

Wouldn't mind bringing up the scooby to help fill the carpark and keep up the good subaru name!!

Anyway if you guys are comming you won't be disappointed as trackskill run a great day and any messing around is quickly dealt with.

Richard.

Turbo
Niall
Alan B4
Renno / Damo
Dave Leggy

Eamon
Scoobyke / Robbie
John M
Johnny 5
Dave Lewis

Sorry lads the last round of the Irish timeattack has been changed to the 29 th .
With the new 2.33 engine i am hoping to win this round and get second overall..

Philip.

Turbo
Niall
Alan B4
Renno / Damo
Dave Leggy

Eamon
Scoobyke / Robbie
John M
Johnny 5
Dave Lewis

I've just got an e-mail from Donal & the track day is booking up fast . As you can see on the trackskills site http://www.trackskills.com/CARS COMING.html there are some nice cars coming . How many of the people on the list above are definately coming & how many of you would need an instructor session ? I want to book us in asap as he limits the number of cars so that everybody gets plenty of track time . I'll also need to let him know if he needs to have an extra instructor available .

Looks like I wont be able attend this. And Dave leggy hasent got his car either.

Back