insurance

daveyb

Sunday Drivers
how's it going lads and lasses just wanna ask a question about insurance, i previously had an 03 wrx insured with 123.ie last year it cost me a fortune 3400 to be exact tryed lots of companys and that was the best i got believe it or not i was 23 at the time and had 1yrs ncb as i keep changing insurance companys, i sold her in summer last year and miss her sumtin terrible every time i hear that unmistakable rumble i cringe with envy! so im taking d plunge and im in the market for another 1 maybe a 97/98 wrx ideally a sti but i think insurance is more expensive? i am 24 have my licence 4 three yrs and have 1 yrs ncb (bad i know) your probly gonna tell me to hold off till nxt yr till im 25 cause that would be the sensible thing to do, but im aching to be back sitting where i belong... in a scooby :subaru: any feedback or help is greatly appreciated lads savage and site great info, many thanks davey b...

i know this sounds bad... but as much as i love these cars, no way on earth with the way things are today i would pay that kinda money for insurance.
i would at least ring around 1st before you buy a car.

Hello Davey,

Premiums have gone up substantially over the last number of months :doh:

It may be worth engaging a broker to act on your behalf to find the best quote :thumbsup:

I know (Mark) B4RSK has recently joined a broker firm, he may be able to help :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

broker is the way to go

i got my renewal start of month from quinn.....1540 euro....on a 06 fiesta 1.25cc

i rang my friend who works in a broker and got it for 790..everything exact same....driving other cars etc etc

[quote author=daveyb link=topic=28651.msg333525#msg333525 date=1295467497]
had 1yrs ncb as i keep changing insurance companys, have 1 yrs ncb (bad i know)
[/quote]

unless your claiming off your insurance mate your ncb builds up regardless of who your insured with year to year

hi dave

what about a b4 leggy which are cheaper insurance or i think the uk spec turbo is the cheapest in the impreza range

I'll have a quick look tomorrow when in work :thumbsup: whereabouts are you living?what you do you do for a living?

alrite lads cheers for the replys and advice, i was on to loads of companies and brokers today inquiring about insurance on a 98 wrx and basically no1 will quote me even the insurance company that covered me on the 03 wrx seemingly you have 2 be already insured with their company and then change to a wrx and they'l quote me, i got 1 quote on a wrx and it was wait for it... 4300! so im thinkin bout taking the advice and getting a leggy seen a nice black one on done deal hopefully gonna have a look at it the weekend, would i be right in saying their quite lazy in comparison 2 a wrx? my bro had a b4 rsk a while ago and it was dead off the mark mayb the turbos wernt pulling rite i dont no... got a quote today for a 00 b4 rsk tpft 1900 through chill.ie its not 2 bad considering the price of the impreza! and to b4 rsk i am living in carlow at the moment and i am a chef thanks 4 the help mate appriciate it:)

Simple. Change to 123 with your current car. Then get a qoute you on the impreza.

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=28651.msg333580#msg333580 date=1295479432]
hi dave

what about a b4 leggy which are cheaper insurance or i think the uk spec turbo is the cheapest in the impreza range
[/quote]

it was actually cheaper for me to get insured on an sti impreza, last time around compared to the Legacy!

my insurance more than doubled this year, but still got it down to 760 tpft on an sti, so i reckon that price is ridiculous. but profession makes a big difference so maybe say your something else and see if you get a better price.

Find yourself a nice girl who works in an insurance company or get a job with them yourself !

The missus works for an insurance company and I get staff rates on my insurance :thumbsup:

Haven't paid more than €450 per year, fully comp on the STI with an excess of €150 :653:

[quote author=EricSTi link=topic=28651.msg333690#msg333690 date=1295553534]
Simple. Change to 123 with your current car. Then get a qoute you on the impreza.
[/quote] i would if i had i im only insured on the other halfs car at the moment....

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=28651.msg333580#msg333580 date=1295479432]
hi dave

[/quote] aye think im gonna for a legacy pal not half as evil as the impreza but it'l do for the moment, are ya still drivin that sweet type r?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=28651.msg333739#msg333739 date=1295563690]
I've a lovely leggy here for ya if you're interested :smile: .. 6 speed, remapped and plenty of other goodies :icon_grin:
[/quote]Ive seen my future car tonight :) mk4 GTI golf. organised a swap end of month WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :) ive sent 1700 euro on petrol in 4 months, im lookin forward to the reduction

I've a lovely leggy here for ya if you're interested :smile: .. 6 speed, remapped and plenty of other goodies :icon_grin:
[/quote] is it a black one man, 00?

[quote author=johnoirl link=topic=28651.msg333761#msg333761 date=1295569931]
[/quote]Ive seen my future car tonight :) mk4 GTI golf. organised a swap end of month WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :) ive sent 1700 euro on petrol in 4 months, im lookin forward to the reduction
[/quote]

Only thing is, you probably wont save that much on juice, and what you will save will probably go on repairs, does 20v are muck

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=28651.msg334262#msg334262 date=1295817740]
Its black alright but its a late 99, not 00 :thumbsup:
[/quote] is it advertised anywhere? be interested in havin a gander

Back