altonator power steering belt snaped, ooo fook

gttjohn

Sunday Drivers
as above my alt power steering belt snaped today on the way home the steering got very heavy the battery light came on as did a little ! light i inspected the car and noticed the ac belt is frayed i have ordered new ones from lusk motors ill have them tomorow so im going to fit them myselve ive googled how it is done looks fairly simple just getting the tension right is the hard one its like halve inch play or so ,is there anything i should be carefull of guys ,so far the alt is the tensioner and the little wheel on the bar with the adjustment screw is the ac tensioner,,, wish me luck this is the first time i have taken a spanner to the scooby ,,,i used to do most of my own work on my skyline the scoobie looks alot different but more easy hope im right :undecided:

just watched a video on youtube yesterday changing poere steering snd ac belts
looked easy enough..have a look on youtube :thumbsup:

yep just seen the one for powerstering it does look easy hope so ,my wife wants her car back fairly quick.

Yep just changed the two belts it was very easy than god for lusk motor group suppling the belts for less than 20 euro and fitting them my selve took less than 20 mins happy now , I think the cold weather might have not helped the rubber belts

Did you get both belts for less then €20 I'll have to do mine soon?

Yes I. Did 17 Euro to be exact the belts they first gave me where too short so they changed them for the correct ones not original they cost over 80 euro the part no,s for a03 blob eye are 5pk884 and 4pk898 I believe they can also be gotton In halfords

Back