Squeaking clutch

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
have had this squeak on and off the last few months. I had the whole clutch kit replaced about 20k ago so im hoping its not that. so even when the engine is off. If i press the clutch in, something squeaks, i dont think its anything to do with the clutch pedal inside the car, because you can clearly hear the squeak coming from in the engine bay. I took off intercooler today to check it out. so mine is a hydraulic push clutch, I think the squeak is coming from the little hydraulic thing that pushes the release bearing fork. not sure what its called. Is it possible for this part to fail?

Or anyone know what else it could be. see video below for squeak!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhq52d1BWlA

in the picture below, its the part with the rubber cap i think is squeaking but i could be wrong
p1010766bb.jpg

Dan I had the same on mine, squirt of wd40 on the clutch pedal, and on the hydraulic cylinder and mine was sorted, never squeaked since

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=28587.msg332919#msg332919 date=1295192268]
Dan I had the same on mine, squirt of wd40 on the clutch pedal, and on the hydraulic cylinder and mine was sorted, never squeaked since
[/quote]

where on the clutch pedal did you lube? i tried some oil on the hydraulic cylinder, if thats the thing i showed in the picture that your talking about. i took off the rubber boot and sprayed a bit in there too, but squeak is still there

from doing a bit more digging online it seems like it could be the pivot the the release bearing fork pivots on.

the part numbered (3) in the diagram below:

attachment.php

Need to try and grease that.

seems like this is the solution:
1.) Remove the TMIC to gain access to the top of the bellhousing.
2.) Remove the clutch slave cylinder from the block (leave the hydraulic line hooked up) and move out of the way.
3.) Peel forward the rubber boot around the clutch fork arm.
4.) With your right hand, slide your finger down until you feel the pivot ball for the clutch fork.
5.) Now that you know where it is... remove your hand, and place some clean high temperaure grease on the end of your right index finger. Slide your hand back in and rub the greas one the top of the joint between the clutch fork and pivot ball.
6.) Re-install the rubber boot on the bellhousing.
7.) Clean the reciever dimple in the top of the clutch fork and put a dab of grease in the dimple.
8.) Clean off the end of the slave cylinder pushrod and then mount the slave cylinder back onto the block.
9.) Work the clutch pedal a few times and the grease will work into the joints.
10.) You're done... have a beer!

[quote author=KENC link=topic=28587.msg332994#msg332994 date=1295214820]
Are you sure you will be able to reach it Dan?
[/quote]

nope! i got big hands! ill check it out tomorrow, only other way is too take out gearbox which i dont plan on doing!

If its like pull type, you may be able to pull the fork up, that would mean pulling it up out of release bearing and having to refit it into it

Back