Re-conditioning/Re-building a turbo

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
How much would this usually cost? Where could one get this done? is it needed when you buy a 2nd hand turbo only if there is signs of play or wear on the internals? I have seen rebuild kits on ebay. would they be any use?

you would be better off sending to some one who knows wt there doin also its hard to say wts up with a faulty turbo unless u strip it down and access the damage i have used turbodynamics in the past and owens developments do it aswell both uk based companys

[quote author=ALAN link=topic=28559.msg332771#msg332771 date=1295118178]
you would be better off sending to some one who knows wt there doin also its hard to say wts up with a faulty turbo unless u strip it down and access the damage i have used turbodynamics in the past and owens developments do it aswell both uk based companys
[/quote]

how much would a rebuild usually cost so? or has cost you Alan?

turbo tom in portlaoise is the man knows his stuff did a full recon on my fiesta turbo a while ago 057-8620514

it was 600 gbp but depending on damage could be cheaper or dearer easiest way is to send and they will access and tell u the cost and decide then ,a 2nd hand unit may be the best bet as long as its a good unit with no signs of play ect mine was a gt30 rotated standard turbo may b cheaper to repair :ponder2:

As alan says deffo get it done by a professional and reputable company, we are a Turbo Dynamics Partner and can get you a estimate on the job and done if you want.

Thanks lads there is nothing wrong with my turbo, its just any potential 2nd hand turbo i might buy as part of the upgrade i would like to make sure its in good nick before i use it in the build!

Afaik, arent the Vf turbos really expensive to repair and are mainly binned when fokd?

Back