nct questions..???

shaned

Sunday Drivers
How ya lads?
have a impreza sti type r v5 98..just had nct ther,went good considering i didnt do anything for it...its not long in from japan so first test..!!
Emissins,of course...lambda .7 over.. CO.19 over..lad in the nct center said tats its not much over..?? i dont understand tat stuff..HC was fine...its been parked up for the last 3 month was away workin,maybe service good drivin and some of the sfuff u get to help emissins... not sure if there's a cat in had a look cant see one from the turbo bk.there a 3.5 pipe all the way from turbo to bk box..small box half way up,does'nt look like a cat... its fairly loud no prob there tho..thank god,have heard tat would fail it for noise..its def over 99 desables!!

airbag light not workin at al,standered streeing wheel...he said its not coming on when u turn on the key..? wil i take out clock's and see is bulb there or is there a any common fault wit them..
:subaru:
if you can help be very thankfull....thanks...

If the airbag light was on and the bulb removed to hide this,most likely whats known as the "clock spring" is worn or broken. Its a ribbon wire in plastic casing behind the steering wheel-steering wheel has to be removed to access it. It also has to do with the horn-is this working? If so-ribbon wire may only be half broken but replacement needed nonetheless. First thing to do is check if the bulb is there and replace with new one. Clock spring is €350+ from subaru.

there a 3.5 pipe all the way from turbo to bk box..small box half way up,does'nt look like a cat

doubt you have a cat there mate!!!
might just need to get a loan of one and run through the test again!!
:thumbsup:

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=28540.msg332666#msg332666 date=1295065680]
If the airbag light was on and the bulb removed to hide this,most likely whats known as the "clock spring" is worn or broken. Its a ribbon wire in plastic casing behind the steering wheel-steering wheel has to be removed to access it. It also has to do with the horn-is this working? If so-ribbon wire may only be half broken but replacement needed nonetheless. First thing to do is check if the bulb is there and replace with new one. Clock spring is €350+ from subaru.
[/quote]

ya that is my prob id say..horn is'nt wokin either,i checked funes and relay,also check horn and it's working..thank you....

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=28540.msg332688#msg332688 date=1295093714]
there a 3.5 pipe all the way from turbo to bk box..small box half way up,does'nt look like a cat

doubt you have a cat there mate!!!
might just need to get a loan of one and run through the test again!!
:thumbsup:
[/quote]

emissions are not very high tho,they would be very bad if ther was none in it..??..wher should the cat be after the turbo is it..?? im thinkin lamba since might be prob too...thanks anyway,il let u know how she goes!!.... :thumbsup:

Back