Mondello Park - Track Driving Courses for Beginners

STiBrian

Octane Boostaholics
With the ISDC 2011 track day plans already in progress the following may be of interest to a majority of our members that have limited or no knowledge of track driving.

http://www.mondello.ie/news/159.htm

Car Track Days are one of Ireland’s best kept motoring secrets. A relatively small number of Ireland’s high performance and modified car drivers seem to be aware of the opportunities that exist at Mondello Park to enjoy driving their cars beyond the limits imposed on the public roads. Even for those that are aware of Car Track days the idea of driving quickly on a circuit can look a little intimidating, but a new service being provided by Mondello Park aims to make track driving more accessible by educating drivers about track day driving and help them overcome their fears of the track.

Starting on January 29th Mondello Park's Car Track Day Training days will provide drivers with a low cost opportunity to sample a car track day, without having to take to the track with more experienced drivers. Newcomers will be given classroom instruction regarding pre track day preparation, track behaviour, what to expect, how to get the best from a track day and the differences between road and track driving. Classrooms sessions will be followed by practical on-track instruction driving their own cars and the day will be completed by a twenty minute open track day session where they can put their new skills and knowledge to the test in a controlled and supervised environment.

The Track Day Training days are priced extremely cheaply as their primary purpose is to encourage more drivers to take part in track days at Mondello Park. The course takes three hours to complete and morning and afternoon session will be available with both priced at €50.00 per driver. Prospective participants need to be at least eighteen years of age with a full driving license and must have their own car. For normal track days each driver is required to provide their own crash helmet but due to the introductory nature of the training days, Mondello Park will provide these free of charge for the day. Unlike a full Car Track Day passengers are not allowed and race cars of any type will not be permitted.

Car Track Day Training Format
2 groups, one morning and one afternoon. Cost €50.00 for morning or afternoon
Morning 10:00 – 13:00
Afternoon 14:00 – 17:00
Drivers must be 18 or over, with a full licence.
Road cars only, no single seaters.
No passengers allowed.

Morning Timetable
10:00 Classroom instruction
10:30 On track instruction
11:00 Break
11:15 Classroom instruction
11:50 On track instruction
12:30 Supervised free track time
12:50 Debrief

Afternoon Timetable
14:00 Classroom instruction
14:30 On track instruction
15:00 Break
15:15 Classroom instruction
15:50 On track instruction
16:30 Supervised free track time
16:50 Debrief

Drivers interested in learning more about car track days can find full details of what is involved HERE, or by calling the Mondello Park office prior to booking in for their introductory session. To book a place on the January 29th day drivers should call 045-860200 or email info@mondellopark.ie

I'd be very interested in this as I've never been on track for fear I'd do something wrong and melt it so instruction would be fantastic. :thumbsup:

lads i too was afraid to bring her out on track for fear of breaking something or crashing .

but i took the plunge and drove normalliy for the first lap or two and then expanded the limits of my tyres at my own pace .

only regret is not gettint out sooner .

i did their startline course last year in the Mazda 3 and the formula sheen andfound it very good. learned a few things which i put to everyday driving

Back