** The Colin McRae Subaru Weekender **

cos140

Hello to all the members of the Irish Subaru Driver's Club ! I am aware that its a long way for you all to travel but I would like to inform you just in case you can make it anyway. I have got freinds coming over from Ireland for the weekend..one has a very special car :subaru:

Have a look through the post and see if it's somthing you fancy.

I have already listed an event and page on the site 'Facebook' and there will be a website dedicated which will hopefully be up and running shortly.

So, here is what the event is:

example-1.jpg

Hi to all member’s
I am posting here to inform you all of an event that I am organising for later this year. The event will be over 2 days, Saturday and Sunday and will be a weekend of fundraising.
The event is to be called ‘The Colin McRae Subaru Weekender’ and will be held on the 23rd and 24th July 2011. This will be the first event of its kind for the Subaru Community and as the name suggests, it a Subaru only event.
This is simply an event to raise money for the Colin McRae Vision Charity. ALL profits from this event will be going direct to the charity.

It will be based local to me here in Stunning North Wales and will consist of the following:

Day 1 – Saturday

This will be a Tour around North Wales following a route suggested by us which will take you around some of the great roads and amazing sights in this area. We will be stopping off at various points along the way for some light refreshments and of course photo opportunities. There will be professional photographers and videographers at various points along the way to capture that special moment for you, all of which will be available to purchase if required.
This will be an awesome sight for ourselves and the general public as we pass through some of the towns and villages along the way. We will end up at yet another stunning location which is located 1400ft above sea level. This has some stunning views, as you can imagine. Food and drink facilities are available if you have worked up a thirst along the way.

Day 2 – Sunday

This will be a more laid back day by having a static car show held at a local show ground. We are hoping for a display of various car clubs showing off some stunning looking cars. There will also be a section for the UK Limited Edition Impreza’s

Also attending will be some of Colin McRae’s cars which will be accompanied by the team from the McRae Vision Charity. So you will be able to purchase this special official Colin McRae Merchandise.

Also at the show :

Trade stands
Prizes for various categories from the Tour and the Show
Raffle for Adults (with some exclusive prizes)
Raffle for Children (Subaru related Items)
Activities for Children
Professional Photographers for the event
And generally a grand days viewing of Subaru cars

------------------------------------

**If you wish to have a Club stand then please contact me to reserve your place**

Now, for one of the displays at the event on the Sunday, I will be requiring a nice genuine example of the following UK Limited Edition cars. Preferably either Number 1 of the edition or a mint standard example.

Prodrive 1994 Impreza - Required
Series McRae – Sorry, place taken by #001
Catalunya - Required
Terzo – Required
22B – Required
RB5 – Required
Prodrive WR Sport – Required
P1 -Required
UK300 – Required
WR1 – Required
RB320 – Required
GB270 – Required
WRX STI 330S – Required
WRX STI Cosworth CS400 – Required

Cars displayed in this area will receive a special gift, just to say thanks.
If you have one of the above cars and its either Number 1 or a Mint Standard example, then please email me on justin@seriesmcrae.com along with pictures of your car.

Admission

Prices shown below will be classed as donations as all the monies received will be added up and given to the Colin McRae Vision Charity

Saturday ‘Tour of North Wales’ - £10 per car*
Sunday - Static Car show - £5 per adult**
*** Children Free ***

* Included in this price will be a special Plaque and a numbered Certificate
** This will include a Raffle Ticket for a chance to win a special gift on the day.

Camping

I have managed to find a nearby location close to the main event field which will be just for camping. It is situated about half a mile away which is ideal.

There will be basic facilities on site but unfortunately no electric hook ups. Camping will be available for the Friday and Saturday night.

Alternatively, if you require a list of local B&B's, other camp/caravan sites, Holiday Inns etc then please contact me and I will email the information over to you.

Traders
Trade stands will be available upon request. This is strictly a 'first come first served' basis. Please contact me using the contact details below to reserve your pitch

Date of event

23rd and 24th July 2011

For further details then please contact me on the following email address.

justin@seriesmcrae.com
or
077 341 51931 – 9am till 9pm

The following website http://www.seriesmcrae.com will soon be up and running
which will have all this information plus more and will also show the latest news.

In the meantime you can view all the details of the following Facebook page.
Click on the link below and have a browse of the pages.
Please also visit the sponsors sites by clicking on the relevant logos

Keep checking for the latest news.
Many thanks for your time
Hope to see you all there

Justin Hinchliffe – Event organiser

Very interested in doin this , ferry wouldnt be a massive cost nor is hotels if booked well in advance ,

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=28438.msg331676#msg331676 date=1294590494]
Very interested in doin this , ferry wouldnt be a massive cost nor is hotels if booked well in advance ,
[/quote]

Camping would be better crack

:smokin:

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=28438.msg331727#msg331727 date=1294605312]
[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=28438.msg331676#msg331676 date=1294590494]
[/quote]

Camping would be better crack

:smokin:
[/quote]

agreed , just bring your 2 lads and 2 bottles of coke for entertainment :lol:

sure we can see what interest there is and maybe see how much it might cost

I'd do camping I think. Would have to see how funds are closer to the date but I'm sure it could be sorted.

Back