95 wrx waterpump

mossie045

howya lads,had a 94 classic wrx before,sold her on,was the biggest mistake of my motoring history so far lol,so im lookin to get another one,the exact same,found a nice clean 95 but apparently the waterpump went over the christmas,is it a big job to change,and would it be expensive??thanks

its a big enough job 4-5 labour

timimg belt has to come off so depending on miles on the car your better off doing that at the same time

think its about 70k miles on her,its apparently a tommy kaira edition one or something?if that makes her any different?

it should have had the timing belt done at 60k mls youll only know when you strip down if they havent wrote it on the timing belt cover

does it have a bit of a mad bodykit?

Be very carefull here, what is the car doing or not doing that has suggested water pump?
It doesnt look like an sti to me either :dontknow:

thats what i was thinking,the dodgey STI badge on the back is in a weird spot ha!ill have a look,its exactly the car i want so i hope theirs nothing too wrong with her,my last wrx cost alot to fix!

as ken said

water pumps dont then to go on imprezas so have a good luck over it, it could be head gasket or a crack in the block so if you dont want to spend on it dont buy it

ok thanks lads,ill give it a good check and see what shes like,im hoping its good but ye reckon it probably wont be???

[quote author=mossie045 link=topic=28413.msg331276#msg331276 date=1294404481]
yup,the front bumper looks to be different than the one that was on mine,and it has a big massive ironing board style spoiler ha!it says its an sti too but unsure,is there anyway of telling,chasis no. or engine no.??
http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/87/68432887.html
going to look at her this evening
[/quote]
When you see the car check the model code on the vin plate, the code begins with gc....., you will find this under the bonnet on the right hand side beside the strut tower, then you can check it against this list to tell what it is :thumbsup:
http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/SidcFaq/JapaneseProductionRuns

"water pumps dont tend to go on imprezas " was gonna say that

Read that online somewhere about that being a plus about :subaru:

I'd have another look for a tidier example. Good luck. :thumbsup:

A lad in gormanstown army camp used to have this car or his father did and he used to drive it I think. I was talking to him about a year ago in the camp about it. He was saying it was a limited edition alright but I never heard of them. So I looked it up. Its called a Subaru Impreza M20b tommy kaira, tommy kaira are a tuning company in japan. Looked ruff though.

Remember it by wheels spoiler and the front bumper. As far as I can remember its a WRX not an STi and the lights at the rear would indicate that it was a wrx. The steering wheel could have been just changed through the years. :ponder2:

the only reason im gonna buy it is if i can get it for a good bit cheaper than his asking price cos i can get her fixed fairly cheap,but sure no point buyin it if she aint gonna last,so the main verdict on this car is no ??

Get someone that knows about them to have a look at it mechanically. The last time I saw it the body was straight so thats a plus. Its a very unusual car though so if its to your taste then that to is a plus for you to, but at the same time it's something you can use to get the price down also. She was a quick car when I saw her to (if its the same car, which I'm 99% sure it is.).

Basically if you like it and can get it fixed of what ever is wrong go for it but be sure that the problem with the engine is what you think and not something worse.

Best of luck.

Just know what problems you are going to have to fix and pay accordingly, dont go up and he tell u he cant start it because water pump is gone or some shite and bring it home and go fix and timing belt is snapped or something serious, the water pump on them is driven by timing belt, its not a toothed pully, its the smooth back side of belt that drives it so for example if water pump seized the belt wouldnt rip teeth off, it may stay on the wheel and slip and squel along it or it may through belt off... nothing wrong with buying something needeing work, just make sure you know what your getting into... if he says it cant be started because of pump , dont walk.. run away

my dad was going to be my main lender for this car and he was talkin to the mechanic that was gonna be doing the work and he told him not to touch it if the water pump was gone,told him not worth buyin,might seem fine but maybe two weeks or two months down the line the head gasket might go or something worse,lovely car and exactly what i was lookin for but ill have to wait!the 2.0l 6cyl e36 will have to do for now!!!! :icon_sad: :icon_sad: :icon_sad:

just back from looking at the car,its neither an STI or tommy kaira,he had the pump disconnected so he couldnt start it so it was a big no no,paints also a bit rough,not what i expected at all!!!ill have to find another one!

[quote author=mossie045 link=topic=28413.msg331659#msg331659 date=1294584219]
just back from looking at the car,its neither an STI or tommy kaira,he had the pump disconnected so he couldnt start it so it was a big no no,paints also a bit rough,not what i expected at all!!!ill have to find another one!
[/quote]

:icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: excatly what i was expecting he was gonna say :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

Back