starting issues on B4

JAYB4

Sunday Drivers
hey lads advice needed. I had some starting issues when the temperature dropped a few weeks back but thought it was my battery, not changed since it came in. I just took out the battery and its fine. The car tries to start slowly when i turned the key first then got quicker after 2 or 3 seconds then started. Now i turn the key it really tries to start then slows and the battery acts dead!!! So could it be dodgy battery or starter motor or dirty plugs maybe? Its getting serviced Friday and dont want the lads having to figure it out without the parts there ya know! thanks

i'd say the bad weather knocked the sh*t out of it, Jap batterys usually wont need to cope with such low temperatures. Even my less than year old battery struggled once or twice during the big freeze. Always started just some mornings took a second longer

I guess it's the battery. Or the alternator as told above.
Check the battery first. Stop the car , leave the light on for few minutes and it should still read around or above 12,4V .

I'd go with battery at fault also. A cheap Mulitmeter €10 from Maplins.
Will tell you the voltage of your battery straight away, its also a handy tool to have
to check your alternator and if you ever have electrial problems.

It was the battery all along lads, it was charging but loosing the charge when i tried to start it? Anyway my mate had a small battery there and i threw it in. Now theres no bothers! Its a 99 and still had a jap battery!

Back