99 VER 5 STI V LIMITED,, ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT THESE????

KENC

ISDC Club Member
99 VER 5 STI V LIMITED,, ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT THESE????

:ponder: WELL LADS , WAS THINKING OF GETTING ONE BUT WANT A BIT MORE INFO, I M FARELY SURE THAT THE 99 STI TYPE R V5 V LIMITED ONLY COMES IN BLUE, HAS ROOF HATCH AND ALL ELECTRICS , AM I RIGHT??? IS THERE SUCH THING AS A V6 STI TYPE R 00 V LIMITED, IF NOT WHAT OTHER DIFFERENCE IS THERE TOO, SAY A OO STI TYPE R OR 99, AND BIG QUESTION WHICH WOULD BE BETTER BUY, IS THERE LIMITED NUMBERS OF THEM MADE??? APPRECIATE ANY ACURATE INFO LADS, CHEERS :guinness:

Re: 99 VER 5 STI V LIMITED,, ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT THESE????

absolutely fantastic car. I have a 98 Ver 5 type R. The late 99 and 00 models are Ver 6. There are only 1000 of them made so the car will come with a build number down at the ash tray. The is no difference between the 00 and 99 other than price because 00 was the last year the classic shape Imprezas were made hence they will be more expensive.

They are available in Black aswell. The blue ones are harder to find for sale because its the most popular colour. I waited 3 months before finding a blue one I liked. As you say they have a roof hatch....Driver controlled Centre Diff(64 rear,36 front or visa versa)...Solid rear bulk head....forged pistons....intercooler water spray.....Group N close ratio gearbox with a longer 5th gear (for motorways)

276BHP as standard (on 100 octane jap fuel)

0-60 of 4.3 seconds.

cheers andy, is yours the v limited then yea

Well KenC,

The STI Version 6 Type R in Blue should have blue seats :eek:mg: in it if its a V Limited also only 1000 of these made. The standard Version 6 Type R's dont have the blue seats in it as standard. The Ver 6's seem to have different alloys than the Ver 5's also they are all gold, agree with Andy they are fantastic and easy to live with day to day & great fun in the wet. :D Was going to buy a P1 but the STI Type R is a superior car.

Vans. (Sonic Blue Ver 5 Type R)

[quote author=KENC link=topic=388.msg2723#msg2723 date=1158276342]
cheers andy, is yours the v limited then yea
[/quote]

yes

Hey Ken, just saw this post.
Go for the TypeR Version6 Limited edition .
There is a couple of differnces between the V5 & V6
Here's full spec for V6 limited

Standard Equipment:
STi Blue Printed Engine
STi Group N Low Ratio Gearbox
STi ECU
STI Stainless Exhaust (Sodium Filled)
STi Inverted mono-tube strut suspension.
STi Aluminium lower suspension arms
STi Carbon front strut brace
STi Carbon rear strut brace
STi Anti roll bar
STi Intercooler & inlet manifold
STi Forged molybdenum pistons
STi Quick shift
STi quickrack 13:1 steering
STi Competition clutch
STi Large-size engine under tray
Reinforced Steel Crankshaft
Front viscous diff
Reinforced mechanical rear diff
DCCD (Electro-magnetic driver controlled center differential)
4-Pot front brake callipers
Rear twin opposed piston brake caliper
Front & Rear Vented Discs
Inter cooler water spray
Uprated Engine Mounts
Braided Wiring
Aluminium bonnet and boot
Rally style roof vent
WRC Ltd Edition seats
WRC Ltd Edition Dash
Tinted rear windows
STi High Level Rear Spoiler
STi Fog Light Blanking Covers
STi Front Spoiler
Colour Coded Skirts
Electric Folding Mirrors
Air conditioning
Climate control
Rear Screen Wash Wipe
MOMO Steering Wheel

Niall.

Only the P1 has the solid rear bulk head. It sone of the things Prodrive had to change onthe Version 6 sti type R on which the P1 isd based in order to allow it pass European single vehicle type approval.

Both version 6 type R V limited and the P1 are top cars but only the P1 has the Solid rear bulk head, Prodrive's own combination of sti suspension parts, prodrive front splitter and adjustible rear wing, prodrive brakes (Alcons) and prodrive 17 or 18 inch P1 wheels. Also the P1 could be specified with Prodrive electronically adjustible bucket seats.

The P1 is also 280 ps on 98 octane!

Frawls

Saw a P1 parked outside a house on my way home from Mullingar last saturday.

Could have been the one that someone posted pictures on the site a few months ago.

Beautiful clean looking car.

Eamonn

Back