Exhaust Question

david74

Sunday Drivers
All

My WRX coupe has a hole in the centre section of the exhaust (on the engine side and before the CAT)....thinking of replacing it rather than repairing it, any recommendations as to what to go for? I don't want to bring hassle on myself with emmissions when it comes to NCT time.

Thanks

David

Just replace with a second hand one from Froggy or get a new one.

Didnt think the centre section of a classic had a cat? Thought it only had a resonator box in it and the cat is in the downpipe.

Either way, you'll get a good second hand one from subaru salvage in the traders section or you could go for a brand new straight through section :thumbsup:

As above it's only a resonator, just replace it with a straight through section, no probs with NCT etc once the original downpipe is fitted.

sorry to thread jack but
whats the story with noise Lads
are you o.k. with just the downpipe changed for n.c.t.
i thought when i have to retest mycar next year id have to change the exhaust also :ponder2:

Colm if your putting the downpipe back on for the test it only takes a few minutes to put the original centre section
and backbox on...

Thanks Alan
:thumbsup:
[quote author=555-Scooby link=topic=28339.msg330566#msg330566 date=1294090058]
Colm if your putting the downpipe back on for the test it only takes a few minutes to put the original centre section
and backbox on...
[/quote]

dude mate where are ya look if ya take it off and bring it to me ill fix it for ya for free thats what club spirit is all about i live in daldoyle and work in bluebell as a metal fabricatornow if its too far gone ill tell you there and then my ph is 0872065327 john lynch

[quote author=gttjohn link=topic=28339.msg331147#msg331147 date=1294342657]
dude mate where are ya look if ya take it off and bring it to me ill fix it for ya for free thats what club spirit is all about i live in daldoyle and work in bluebell as a metal fabricatornow if its too far gone ill tell you there and then my ph is 0872065327 john lynch
[/quote]

John, I'm down in sunny Tramore...if i was nearer to you i'd take you up on the offer. Thanks anyway

Back