NF Usage

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Just curious lads for all of you that all of use that use NF booster. Im seeing a good bit of knock on mine and boost control seems to be limiting boost. just trying to know how much i should use per tank, most lads are saying a third of a bottle per tank. whats the handiest way to measure it out, i didnt see any markings on the bottle so dont want to be wasting the stuff, ill do some data logging once its in and see does that get rid of the knock. If not ill have to get a tweak map asap or drive it in Eco mode!

Use whatever you were mapped for.. There's no set amount but most people use 1/3 or 1/2 a bottle per tank.. If you are not mapped for it and are getting knock on your existing map, then you'd best be going back to whoever mapped it in the first place and get them to address the problem.

its mapped for e5 only, so defo something up and map needs addressing but not much can be done until mappers grace our shores again! will use a bit of nf and see does that remove the knock. unless im just really unlucky and have gotten shitty quality e5 for the last 5-6 weeks.

are ya sure your gettin e5 dan cause i know the maxol near me had e5 now is only 95 and nothing said about it till i asked so maybe worth checking

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=28274.msg329894#msg329894 date=1293756974]
are ya sure your gettin e5 dan cause i know the maxol near me had e5 now is only 95 and nothing said about it till i asked so maybe worth checking
[/quote]

not sure Dec, all Maxols i go to are labelled as E5 on the pumps so no way to tell, unless i take a sample in a can and send it off to get tested! I usually go to either Maxol, just of Long mile road or the one in Kilbride

could be a faulty knock sensor if your getting knock.
a map cant change once mapped. so either dud petrol or the above.

Hello Dan,

Use a 1/3 of a bottle to start with, they best way to measure it out is to get a small graduated measuring bottle to see how much you are putting in :thumbsup:

You should be able to pick one up in Halfords or from an auto-factors which are used for paint mixing :thumbsup:

See how you get on with a 1/3 and you can monitor it from then. You can either up the level or reduce as required :thumbsup:

We your mapper is back over ye can then reassess the det issue :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

shouldnt have to use nf booster if it wasnt mapped for it in the 1st place.
if map was fine at start then it must be something else causing the issue.
the garage in kilbride for the maxol is fine as i use there and was mapped for same ,
if same problem exists then try fit a new knock sensor :thumbsup:

I get my petrol in that maxol just off the longmile road and never an issue with it.
Could be your knock sensor

[quote author=jackswagon link=topic=28274.msg329921#msg329921 date=1293792049]
shouldnt have to use nf booster if it wasnt mapped for it in the 1st place.
if map was fine at start then it must be something else causing the issue.
the garage in kilbride for the maxol is fine as i use there and was mapped for same ,
if same problem exists then try fit a new knock sensor :thumbsup:
[/quote]

few changes have been made to the car since map though, cat back exhaust, different panel filter, different BOV, i minor mods i think that shouldnt cause such issues according to mapper. how much is a replacement knock sensor?

Do you have anyone you could swap it with before you buy a new one
I got mine off Asd can't remember how much it was 90 euro I think not 100 per cent give ciaran a call

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=28274.msg329941#msg329941 date=1293798320]
Do you have anyone you could swap it with before you buy a new one
I got mine off Asd can't remember how much it was 90 euro I think not 100 per cent give ciaran a call
[/quote]

i could try get Johnb4 or Dossie01 to borrow me theirs for an hour or so and check them out.

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=28274.msg330478#msg330478 date=1294071449]
have you put the car on diagnostics dan??

[/quote]

what you mean? no error codes showing up on the ecu if thats what your on about. I reset the ecu which cleared all the knock learning tables etc . but there still seems to be some knock in the logs and boost is still down

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=28274.msg330485#msg330485 date=1294072470]
might have a leak somewhere...
:ponder2:
[/quote]

ye i thought that and had a good look last week when i had the intercooler off, everything seemed tight. must have a more detailed look tomorrow. If i could find a diagram showing all the boost pipes etc i might be able to check more easily.

[quote author=johnb4 link=topic=28274.msg330697#msg330697 date=1294166350]
Dan if u want to try my knock sensor just give us a buzz an we can check it
[/quote]

might do john, was talking to Bob and its only mapped for 1.3. bar i reset the ecu and knock is constantly reducing so i think the knock is also gone now, ill do some more logs when back running on e5 only next week

Back