Need Centre Exhaust Section...Legacy GT Wagon (JAP)

GT-B

Sunday Drivers
I need to replace the centre exhaust section on my Legacy GT Wagon.

The existing section has that second CAT fitted. Mixed opinions about replacing this pipe without the CAT...question is will if effect NCT test results..?

Where is the best place to purchase this exhaust, got a price from Subaru and its €510 inc VAT.

Looked at H&S in the UK for a SS section and I am tempted to go that way less the CAT...

Any suggestions/recommendations..?

Thanks

Paul

No need to get a s/s with cat as long as your down pipe has the cat for the NCT, h/scott make very good exhausts and come highly recomended....i have a full exhaust from them and love the sound.... :thumbsup:

Thanks for that reply.

I have looked at the H&S exhaust and my only concern was impact on NCT..

So you suggest no need to get exhaust with second CAT as long as the primary CAT remains in place..?

I am not particularly bothered about exhaust tone/sound, I like to enjoy my classical music in peace.. :cheesy:

Did H&S supply you with gaskets and all new bolts when you purchased .?

I have to do something about this in early Jan.

Regards

Paul

Yep as long as first cat is there you fine....
No gaskets/bolts come with the exhaust,but if your carefull when you remove the s/s you can still use original gasket,as for bolts same as. :thumbsup:

I am tempted to purchase a complete set of bolts and gaskets...get the feeling I may end up having problems removing older bolts..exhaust bolts are always a bit of a risk from past experiences.

I will probably end up buying from H&S...Subaru Irl are way to expensive ...but then its original parts and they come at a premium..

Thanks again

Paul

Back