looking for info on sti turbos

des delaney

Petrolheads
hows things lad im looking into upgrading my turbo i have at the mo a TD04 L just wondering whats a good turbo to up grade to i have a 98 uk spec wagon wrx V5

thanks for any and all help
des d

Dessy its hard for anyone to answer that for you, you know yourself you should probably map for it to get its full gain and be safe. But maybe you could chance it.. its really up to you.
If your car is v5 then you should have yellow 440cc injectors? same as v5 sti.
If it were me, i would do exactly what Richie with white UK Saloon done, and basically set your self up with sti bits, Sti5 intercooler, vf28 and 440cc injectors, and then a walbro pump, pfr7b plugs, exhaust system and remap, Think Andy F told Richie she was up around 300bhp with the sti bits on. Richie was really impressed with how the car changed.

thanks ya she is a V5 uk spec dont no what colour the injecctors are will look in to it before i do anything
thanks for the advise

I be 99.99999% sure that you have 440cc same as the v5/v6 sti :icon_grin:... happy days if you do.
it wont cost much to do what Richie done, mapping will be costly part, if you have v5 you can ecu tek it

Back