is my car mapped?

bug-eye09

Sunday Drivers
got a bug sti last week owner emigrated 10 months ago so his bro sold me the car and didnt know much he thinks its mapped
so its boosting at 1.45 bar no boost controller
turbo back blitz nur spec which should bring on cel
denso oem ecu can anyone tell me if its mapped or whee to go to find out :ponder:

It sounds like it's mapped alright!!!
Is it on standard ecu or after Market?
Easiest way to tell is to look at the ecu itself!

As above dont think blitz do downpipes mine has h and s cause could not get a blitz when I fitted my nur spec

if you ring some of are traders that map cars and give them your reg they would be able to you if they mapped it or not.

1.45 bar sounds like a bob map from stituning, i would try them first

If he mapped it he would surely be using it a selling point? who would go to the trouble of getting the car mapped and be so vague about an important detail like that? Not saying it isn't mapped but that's strange to me.

its not done by dave he didnt recgnise it when i bought some oil of him
its got a denso oem ecu
the last owner is out of the country 10 months so it was his bro who sold it to me and he wasnt to well up on his cars
also its a ex members car theres an isdc 2008 sticker in the window

Would that kind of boost possibly be a problem? Dont mean to worry you man but just so you can be aware just in case :thumbsup:

[quote author=bug-eye09 link=topic=28129.msg328358#msg328358 date=1292614447]
its got a denso oem ecu
the last owner is out of the country 10 months so it was his bro who sold it to me and he wasnt to well up on his cars

[/quote]

Is that the silver bugeye with carbon scoop? Went to look at it with the brother, took it for a spin, nice tight car.
Was the brother we were talking to aswell, didnt know much about it, car seems well minded.
We quizzed him about the map too and said he would find out, obviously he didnt!

[quote author=Big_Red link=topic=28129.msg328363#msg328363 date=1292615614]
Would that kind of boost possibly be a problem?
[/quote]

Not a problem if it has been mapped to suit.

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=28129.msg328366#msg328366 date=1292619776]
its got a denso oem ecu

[/quote]

Is that the silver bugeye with carbon scoop? Went to look at it with the brother, took it for a spin, nice tight car.
Was the brother we were talking to aswell, didnt know much about it, car seems well minded.
We quizzed him about the map too and said he would find out, obviously he didnt!
[/quote]

Just seems odd to me...so he left his brother to sell his car with no details? all he ash to do is tell him..."its mapped by joe bloggs has x exhaust fitted and x miles blah blah" how hard is to remember?
Only way to tell for sure is to plug into the ecu, the boost gauge could be reading high

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=28129.msg328375#msg328375 date=1292625050]
[quote author=Big_Red link=topic=28129.msg328363#msg328363 date=1292615614]
Would that kind of boost possibly be a problem?
[/quote]

Not a problem if it has been mapped to suit.
[/quote]

Oh yeah I know that but just if it hasn't had a map already then it could be a problem. Just he is unsure if it is remapped or not so thought I would mention it just in case

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=28129.msg328366#msg328366 date=1292619776]
its got a denso oem ecu

[/quote]

[/quote]yeah its that car alright had it well checked over
up on the ramp in work by two mechanics including me and a panel beater so its a straight car :thumbsup:
and yes that kind of boost is very bad on a none mapped car im well aware of that
car is not restricted either and through up the engine cel after 180 km :ponder: and i had a feeling once i stopped knocked the engine of it would reset because the jap ecu would through the cel as it thought there was a fault
do eco teked cars do that :ponder:

do eco teked cars bring on the cel after 180km :dontknow:
cause my car has oem denso ecu with no piggyback unit and can wrap around the speedo :ponder:

[quote author=bug-eye09 link=topic=28129.msg328747#msg328747 date=1292885061]
can wrap around the speedo
[/quote]

It sounds as if the car i de-restricted alright. I'd say the cell light is coming on due to the fact that your driving it so balls out.

cel comes on if engine ecu detects a failure in the engine ie maf crank position sensor cam position sensor ect
does your cel come on on track days?

Can it also come on if the engine detects knock. Might have a slight knock when its driven on to those speeds maybe. :dontknow:

No my light has never been on man. Although I have never tracked it. The pic in my profile is the cars previous owner JohnM at jap fest a few years ago. But again the light didn't come on then either.

The only time I had a cel light on was when the apexi ECU I had fitted to my MY00 STi typeRA lost its map and when I'd drive it on it flashed. I was told at the time that because of the map been off the ECU might be detecting a slight knock causing the light to go on. I replace the ecu with the original one and it didn't happen any more after that.

Did you PM JGM to see if he ever mapped your car. Then there Andy forrester I think his name was, he used to map cars on this site a few years back I think he might have done them through STi tuning though.

Back