Code 22,23

sean typer

Petrolheads
2 codes flashed up,not too worried about maf as i have a spare.What im wondering is it "normal" for knock sensor to give up or could it be a sign of something worse :dontknow:

Both are very common faults. But clear the codes first-one or both may be old codes if ecu wasn't reset

Maf sensor cooked,have spare in now and no codes so ok.Only thing is this sensor has 5 pins where the oe one has only 4,works fine only on tick over its hunting and nearly cuts out.
Had it in last time for about 6 months so cant be too bad.Does anyone know is it for an older car :dontknow:

Ok fitted new knock sensor on 22 dec.Everything fine until i washed car yesterday and when i started it it flashed the 2 codes again.Cleared codes and its only 22 flashing now.
I still have old sensor and to be honest it looks ok,no cracks etc.On start up it comes on for a few seconds and goes off while driving,then reversing up to house on tickover
it comes on again.Could it be a problem with the wiring etc?
Also wondering what is the lad down behind the coil pack 12mm bolt holding it onto the manifold?It has an electrical connector on one side and 2 nipples on the other side,(green color}
1 is a vaccum hose from the top of manifold and the other seems to be another vaccum hose that goes down to a metal pipe which disappears under the manifold.
1 of the nipples was cracked off it which i repaired,just wondering what it is,cheers :thumbsup:

Back