Coolant Leak Somewhere

johnoirl

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi Guys.
Ive had a pain in my back side with this car. After replacing the rad. ive now got a good bit of steam coming from the right hand side of the engine. roughly around where the injectors are. its full coolant in there and no water. my temp gauge seems ok and their seems to be good pressure when i press the rubber coolant pipes.
cheers

Your top rad pipe is either split or you need to either double up on the jubliee clips or tighten the life out of the one that is already fitted!

There is a serious surge of pressure in this pipe when you are driving hard. If you dont get it stopped it can start to effect the performance of that injector that is cloest to that pipe and you will get check engine light coming on.

You can avoid all that by just tightening up the clips on the engine side of that pipe.

Rgds

Paddy

Johnoirl,
no offence mate but u gotta bring that car back, nothing but bother for you. Have u any comeback at all with whoever u bought it from?

paddy come to think of it, your prob right, its the short pipe at the bottom of the engine on the right that goes to the rad, that popped off the rad last week on the motorway. i caught it in time. so i suspect the clip on the engine side might need tighting.
sorry just needed to vent with this as ive been up to my shitter in problems with this yoke since i got it...
nice 1 :)

dossie if i call him he will blow up, or if i see him ill just run the c*nt down. or burn it out in his garage.
id prefer to just get it sorted its standing me too much money... 2nd car in my life being stung with. well the micras 3rd, engine went POP last week too. it froze up :(

hi paddy.

you where right. i tightened the clip that holds the pipe from rad onto the bottom of the engine and hey presto :shhh: that worked :) LOL

:xmas_cheers:

Now im back to my ideling problem :) but im nearly sure ive spotted a prob. I took the idle control valve out and it was gunky and filthy. so i cleaned it down heres pics before i did it. im thinking of taking the whole unit out of it and cleaning it down.

03122010157.jpg

03122010158.jpg

I john,

Glad to hear you got that problem solved! One thing hey to really get ride of that problem for good you should look at investing in samco coolant hose kit - That'll get ride of that problem full stop!

Rgds

Paddy

Give icv and throttle body a good clean with some carb cleaner... be especially focused on where the butterly closes against the t/b, there can be a hard ring of shite around it that wont let butterfly seal correct when idling, this will take a bit of elbow grease to get rid off.
If that ring of shite is there and butterfly is not seating correct, it means you maybe drawing air around butterfly at idle aswell as through the icv... may be your irratic idle cause

Back