Boost in the cold

dossie01

Petrolheads
Just noticed on the way home that the car doesn't seem to be boosting as high in the cold, granted im driving slower and taking it easy but even when I prod the pedal it ain't goin much up past 0 bar, i have a stepper motor gauge where the box is under the bonnet, wonder could the cold be affecting the brain. Car seems to be driving ok with no flat spots

Would loss or lack of traction inhibit boost? I will check again in the morning

mine is boosting fine, saying that, my sender unit is under the steering wheel in the dash. maybe insulate it somehow?

mine is boosting fine aswell

no issues at all

actually boosting better than it has in a while!!!

your turbo should actually perform better in cold weather , cold air is denser...any car performs better in the cold but its magnified with forced induction

As above, you should actually see an increase in boost due to the colder air being more dense.

Can you elaborate on the comment "ain't goin much up past 0 bar"? What does the car normally boost at?

Usually boosts up to 1.1 bar, the needle is only going up past 0 bar when I go on boost, have not been able to give it proper welly cause of the snow. I'll check again in the morning and see how it is then

Ok this morning thank god, god a clear stretch of road and she is boosting fine, up to 1.1 bar, will keep an eye on it.

cheers mate, would I get a CEL from that? Might just reset the ECU, am i right to just disconnect the battery for ten mins or so?

cool,ill do it later either way, i just clearer half a ton of ice from under the arches aswell, thick as ya like.
just cant bring the car for a decemt run cause of the weather but who can I suppose

Back