coilover hassle

twinsspecial

Sunday Drivers
hi lads.just wondering can anyone help me with a small problem im havin with my coilovers.the spring preload is set up the same on all suspensions but the ride height is very different on each especially on the back.to look at now the car looks even but one suspension is adjusted down nearly full and the other isnt even half.its the same on front but not as bad.any ideas why this is?i want to adjust the ride height up more on the back but cant on 1 side as its almost fully adjusted.any help appreciated thanks lads! :subaru:

then it should be big difference in height if 1 is adjusted fully down is there 2 nuts on the coilover to adjust the spring and the other tightens again it to lock it in place

if all the coil overs are different setups, then there should be differences in the heights of each corner.......

if not there is a problem with the chasis of the car and you need to get it checked out as soon as possible

i dont know what make the coilovers are but theres no nuts to be loosened for adjusting them.u just turn them at the top to adjust the pressure on the spring and turn them at the bottom to adjust the ride height.i cant figure it out.like i say the car looks even enough now but all the ride heights are different on the suspensions.especially at the back theres a cruel difference!!when jacking up the car on the front left it comes up normal as in the front wheel comes up and the back stays on the ground mostly but when u jack it up on the front right the whole car rises.front and back wheels come up together its weird.anyone ever hear of a problem like this?

is the screw on the bottom of the shock usually not the stiffness of the shock as hammie said stick up a few pics and be able to see the set up

Back